Sign in to follow this  

Cerb book club poll for December and January.

What book do you want to read?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What book do you want to read?

• Sex and Samosas by Jasmine Aziz.
    • Life of Pi by Yan Martel
    • 50 Shades of Grey by E.L James
    • The last lecture by Randy Pausch
    • P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern

Cerb book club poll for December and January.

Here is the five selections of books you have to choose from for the cerb book club book. Please, Choose the book you are most interested in reading. The book club book will be announced on December 3rd. The cerb book club is an interactive group who welcomes all cerb members. The cerb book clubs intention is to encourage reading along with encouraging the cerb book club members to read books outside their choice genres. Do not feel pressured into taking part in the book club, if you can't participate this December/January. We all have busy lives at one time or another. There will be many chances to take part in the cerb book club.

1) Sex and Samosas. by Jasmine Aziz

Jasmine's debut novel is frank, screamingly funny, and profoundly charming. She writes with ease and a total lack of self consciousness. There are a number of unforgettable scenes, including one with the titled samosa that will have you thinking next time you bite into one. Warm, witty and revealing, I thoroughly enjoyed her book and I learned a few things too!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGfuDoNOPAKrQL0WMhNggeMgELB7cYZgpITRwV5jg-WHVqvz5I

2) Life of Pi - Yan Martel

Life of Pi is a masterful and utterly original novel that is at once the story of a young castaway who faces immeasurable hardships on the high seas, and a meditation on religion, faith, art and life that is as witty as it is profound. Using the threads of all of our best stories, Yann Martel has woven a glorious spiritual adventure that makes us question what it means to be alive, and to believe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNoSL_K5KX6bGTCYzg1LuFzMD8V7AxNdMfBkdl5gDl_I6r35b0

3) 50 Shades of Grey by E.L James

This book is authored by a British author E. L. James, and Set largely in Seattle, it is the first book out of the series which recounts the deepening relationship between a college graduate and a young businessman Christian Grey.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu69I6cFP1Y30fGaaNXdYIhA_QxS18qh3G9xuroTnX0Qym9yEF

4) The last lecture by Randy Pausch

A lot of professors give talks titled "The Last Lecture." Professors are asked to consider their demise and to ruminate on what matters most to them. And while they speak, audiences can't help but mull the same question: What wisdom would we impart to the world if we knew it was our last chance? If we had to vanish tomorrow, what would we want as our legacy?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqMFIW_dp1pT7WflE_ZgeYkZ8aXU6iEvV30ywqgPPjuLkOHLVEvw

5) P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern

A novel about holding on, letting go, and learning to love again

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvgGT97rdVOLFFRRO5DSNHcgclVkOCE9r-7-bDs1jNsqrqqh9X3w