The Norton Project

This is a real feel good story.

"This is a story about how my brother and I stole our fathers 1969 Norton Commando, had it restored and then gave it back to him for Christmas. He had no idea."

This is a real feel good story.

"This is a story about how my brother and I stole our fathers 1969 Norton Commando, had it restored and then gave it back to him for Christmas. He had no idea."

Great Story!

I was only about 14 yrs old. Brings back memories of a buddy (a convicted felon -What a scam artist!) who owned a Norton. Nortons were absolute buggers to try to start. And for those who were uninformed, the kick starter would kick back right in the shins if you didn't watch out. If you didn't move fast enough, you would get some handsome bruises.

I happened to be walking by his house and there he was humping away at the kick starter. I stopped by to have a chat and he was fed-up with his humping. He asked me if wanted a go at it. Sure enough, I was lucky enough to be able to start his frigging bike on the 2nd kick. He was totally amazed and wanted to try himself. He had been trying for about 1/2hr before I got there. I shut the bike off and he couldn't restart the frigging thing. Boy was he pissed!

Edited by Jabba