Favorite sparkling wines or champange or xmas drink

This time of year it;s fun to indulge in some bubbly-what is your favorite sparkling wine, champange or christmas beverage. Perhaps you have a recipe you'd like to share so that we all could try:icon_biggrin:

Christmas morning it's been our usual practice to have sparkling wine with OJ while having brunch or opening gifts, think it's called a Mimosa. I don't usually spring for a Champagne because of cost and there are quite a number of reasonable sparkling wines from other than French producers. I tend to favour a good Cava from Spain or an Italian Prosecco.

• Like 3

I'm a fan of Yellow Tail Bubbles and Jackson Triggs Sparking Sauvignon Blanc. Both are Ontario wines. They're reasonably priced at 14.95 a bottle. I love the light bubbles this time of year, and a perfect companion to a bubble bath. Mmmm...bubbles. :)

• Like 2

I've had the opportunity to visit the Niagara peninsula during the last two harvest seasons and the sparkling I appreciated the most was the ENTOURAGE Méthode Classique Brut- Jackson Triggs Silver series. It sells for $24.95 at the LCBO. It is a really good buy for those who don't want to spend hundreds on champagne.

• Like 1

Not so much into sparkling wines or champagne, so can't help so much there. One thing I do enjoy this time of year is a spiced rum and eggnog or two or three....haha

• Like 2

An easy, tasty and don't get a hangover drink that ladies and men love!

Bottle of bubbly, can be either champagne or sparkling white.

1 mickey of good gin

1 mickey of cointreau

1 can of no pulp orange juice

lots of ice

serve in fluted glasses, minus the ice cubes

Yummy!!!

PS: has also been known to be a panty remover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ok, I haven't tried this one, but it is a variation of my previous post.

I am for sure going to try this one very soon......

Frosty Noggin

Ingredients you need

1 1/2 oz. Rum

3/4 oz. Creme de Cacao

3 oz. Eggnog

3 cup Vanilla Ice Cream

How to make a Frosty Noggin

blend ingredients until smooth, pour into parfait glass, top with whipped, cream decorated with a few drops of green creme de menthe, garnish with rolled cookie

Type of drink

Cocktail

Recommended glass

Parfait Glass

• Like 1

Spiced rum and eggnog is delicious...! I'm with MellyBelly on this one.

I like making eggnog martinis. The recipe calls for rimming the glass with honey and graham cookies... --drools--

eggnog-tini.jpg

• Like 2

Being a non drinker I have non alcoholic wine, no particular favourites or a bottle of Becks no alcohol beer.

However a few people who do drink have taken a liking to cranberry wine.

I personally don't know what it tastes like (cranberry I assume duh!!!) but family/friends/guests who have had it say they like it

RG

I like variety, but Champagne is quite good, and Veuve Clicquot is my best choice. Another alternative would be a Vouvray sparkling wine, like the Chateau Moncontour, that can be compare to a good Champagne.

My favorite drink still is a very good Dry Martini, shaked not stired (lol) very dry, and icy cold.

I LOVE my Rum and Eggnog!! And don't forget the nutmeg :). it just tastes like Christmas :)

Candy Cane martinis are good too :) CandyCaneMartini.jpg

For non alcoholic it would either me a gingerbread or candy cane lattes mmmmm