Sex, swear words banned on N.S. licence plates

I've always assumed banning anything mentioned above in the article was mandatory regardless of province?

I once saw `Rub Tug`on a Corvette license plate on the DVP in Toronto.lol. Don't know how they got away with that one.

As for the new "B" series license plates in Ontario, I've seen BDSM and that's it. I'm surprised that wasn't skipped over since that's a very well known term. I thought I once saw a BBBJ license plate but was too far away and then when I got closer, I realized it wasn't.

I don't think the Ontario Motor Vehicles Department recognizes such terms as we do in this community but I would get a chuckle if I saw an acronym from here in the form of a license plate in Ontario or Nova Scotia. I've love to see if someone would get "BBBJ" on a license plate as a dare.lol. Just whether or not to see if it would be recognized in the system would be more than enough reason to attempt it. LMAO!

As for Nova Scotia, they're just doing this now?

I can't imagine anyone in there right mind to want to have words like that on there vehicle. Would certainly bring negative attention towards yourself.

As for the new "B" series license plates in Ontario, I've seen BDSM and that's it. I'm surprised that wasn't skipped over since that's a very well known term. I thought I once saw a BBBJ license plate but was too far away and then when I got closer, I realized it wasn't.

As noted in another thread, I've been keeping an eye out for Ontario BBBJ series plates. I've seen BBBX and BBBD and other BBB(something) plates but no BBBJ.

I doubt Nova Scotia just got around to this. I suspect it just came up as a news story because of the woman's complaint.