Christmas decorations, when is enough enough?

I am totally bah humbug until I drag the boxes upstairs. For the last few years, my family has celebrated Christmas and birthdays on thanksgiving day because it is the only chance we can all get together. I will not put up my decorations that early in the season!

I do decorate for get togethers with extended family and friends. Once I get going...I am obsessed. How much is too much? I buy something (s) new every year. I am 5 hrs into the decorating and still not done lol. I can hear the dials turning on my hydro box already!

How far do you go beyond the tree?

For me, it is all about the fresh cut tree as the focal point in the house because that's the first thing you see when you walk in. I'm always on the lookout every Christmas for new, interesting and eclectic decorations. When I'm finished decorating it, it is always bright, colorful and filled to capacity.

I don't go all out in decororating the house with ornaments scattered but have a bedroom that is a pale denim jean color and I like the white artificial tree in the room with the blue and silver decorations. I light it up at night and just relax.

I'm not big on lights outside and put a few up but I always make sure I have a wreath.

I love Christmas and decorating in general is what I like doing. ;)

I LOVE Christmas and I take full advantage of the holidays to decorate the house...and increase my electric bill. I don't get involved (too much) with the inside decorating with the exception of the tree. I usually put up a real 10 foot tree with about 1700 clear lights and themed ornaments. The rest of the indoor decorating I leave to my SO but the outdoor decorating is all mine! I am very fussy with my lights and everything has to be just so. All the lights on the gutters and overhang have to be facing the same direction. All flood lights aimed just so and each and every bow and ribbon on the bushes positioned accordingly.

No hum-bug here.

There is no too much when it comes to Christmas decorating. I love me a big gaudy house full of Christmas cheer. That being said I'm not a decorator because I don't do anything holiday related in my home.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest S**a*Q

One single ball, stocking or candy cane is too much.

But that's my BahHumbugger opinion.

I live out in the country and far from the road, no one can see my house so why decorate? I have a well decorated tree inside the house with Santa and penguins and a singing dog etc...

I didn't have any Christmas decorations at all so I had to buy them all new. there's at least $100 worth on my tree. lol but I did stop buying Christmas ornaments with 1 last purchase. its a ceramic story book ith a village coming out of it and a train that goes around and around a track. it lights up and plays Christmas songs. Now next year I can buy more :)

well enough is enough for me lol well for this year. Here we are Jan 2/13 and I took down my decorations and am about to take the tree (with still bits of tinsel stuck to it) outside until garbage pick up :)

Then with the sweeping of pine needles Christmas will be over for this year and next year I will get more decorations to add to my collection I started this year :)

I dread taking down that 7 ft tree now! It almost fell on me when I was putting it in the tree stand! So many ornaments on it. I'm sad Christmas is over because the tree is my favorite part. :( I'm going to take my time taking it down.

• Like 1