Paul McCartney to fill in for Kurt Cobain???

Ouch - ow ow ow ow.

This doesn't make sense. No. Couldn't they come up with like....anyone else?

No disrespect intended for Sir P. But, really - c'mon!

Well, The Guardian is a reputable British broadsheet but this is wrong on many levels.

The Beatles may have re-invented pop music in the 60s and 70s but the total was always much greater than the sum of the individual parts. I didn't have much time for any of their solo careers (well, maybe John) but in particular I haven't paid any attention to Paul since he became a clone of Angela Lansbury (seriously, has anyone ever seen them together in the same room?).

To substitute a cheeky Scouser for a tormented grunge artist does NOT work.

• Like 1

It scared the crap out of me until I read the article. Doesn't seem too bad, once you read it. But I love that whisper in his ear "That's Nirvna, you're Kurt"

I think with this article, you have to read between the lines. It stated that they asked McCartney to "come jam with them" and as for filling in for Kurt Cobain, well that's just the sensationalized part so they could use a catchy headline to sell newspapers as people would all say "WTF?". Imo, they used Cobain's name in a sick twisted way and unfortunately it's all about the money at the end of the day. I really could not imagine Sir Paul singing "Smells like Teen Spirit". Now that would be effed up!!

every time I see or hear of this I almost have to hold back a little gag. Paul McCartney and Nirvana is just a crossover that sounds horrible in my head. the Cheery tunes of Yellow Submarines and the gungy lithium endused music. It just doesn't seem right.

How ever, if they are writing new music and jamming, chances are they've developed a new sound. it could be interesting. I hope anyway as I'm sure Kurt would be rolling in his grave if they wen on a cover tour

Guest jake_cdn

I guess the world has had enough of "silly love songs"... I know I have but this is over the line.