We all know that there is lots going on in this world that is bad, that we perceive as bad, things that cause us to throw ours arms up in frustration, that may cause us to waver in our faith of others , be it individuals or groups or countries. Two days ago it was the shooting in Connecticut, a month ago it was the Israel - Palestine conflict, a year ago it was something else.

We live in a media controlled world, a media that thrives on bad news and the willingness of people as a captive audience to sit and watch and listen and absorb it. That news is real, but it need not be all consuming as they wish it to be.

But, and it is a huge but, there is a LOT of genuine good in the people on this earth. Take the time to look at and focus for a while on what you know is good about people. There is a lot to see if you let yourself do so.

You know what? I am good. I am not perfect, by a long shot, but I am good. And ultimately, the only person that I can control is me. However, I can stay inside the Cerb world and name person after person who is good. I can step outside to my family and friends and name person after person who is good. There are many many more people who are good than evil and I say that with my own personal strong degree of confidence. There are people who care about others because it is their nature to do so, and don't do it for personal gain or for ulterior motives. Yes, all of us have been burned probably at one time or another, and being burned causes caution and often causes unfounded mistrust but don't overlook the obvious either.

So if you are good then stand up and be exactly that, recognize it and embrace it. Look for the goodness in others because I expect that we are all surrounded by it and sometimes won't let ourselves see it. When you see it then recognize it and embrace it and let it help to restore your faith in humanity.

My little rant of the day.

• Like 2