Why am I the only one up in this house??

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Cerbland!!

Time to get out the cow bell and blow horn. These people need to get up. The older the children get the lazier they get. I was out to the gas station and back, breakfast cooked and everyone is still in bed.

It's freakin Christmas!!

Time to turn on the Christmas tunes and wake these people up, breakfast is nice and hot and I'm so excited like I was 5 year old!!

Big Hugs,

Lexy

happy-holidays-purple-tree-1.gif

Edited by Lexy Grace

I'll send my daughter to your place Lexy ... she was up at the crack of dawn.

Porthos

Send her on over next year, the more children the merrier!! That's what I wanted but this year holy crap it was after 8:00a.m. and it's usually 5:00-6:00a.m. too funny it was, even my 3yr old niece had to be dragged out of bed. Then they had the nerve to be yelping at me to toss the gifts faster. Holy jumping!! I waited hours for them, so I slowly gave each a gift by gift:icon_lol:. LMAO!! All in all it was an awesome day!!

• Like 1

We always have one person designated as "Santa". It's their job to get the presents from under the tree and deliver them. One present at a time, and we watch while the person opens it. Still, given my kids open presents VERY QUICKLY, so it still goes by way too fast.

If I could, I'd make the present opening last all day. So much fun.

Porthos

I use to meter out the present opening. Stockings before breakfast then 1 present an hour till they were all opened. It took the whole day and ensured they soaked up every gift before the next one presented. It made the meal times peaceful and cleaned up quickly and kept fighting to a minimum as I could "cancel" present opening if they acted up. I loved it and I would save "the big one" for after Christmas dinner. The whole day was anticipation riddled and by bedtime they were exhausted and would sleep in boxing day till lunch. It kept them from making plans to go out bailing on family time and they actually loved it. Now they're big they want an envelop with $$$ in it. Like mother, like daughter I guess :) ...

cat

My son (16) got an envelope with cash this year ... he's saving for a new computer. But there were lot's of other things under the tree as well.

Porthos

Teenagers are easier to shop for... a new Samsung Galxay phone and a bunch of gift cards. No wrapping gifts this year. Everyone got gift cards. But I do miss when kids are young and they have that twinkle in their eye. It makes Christmas so much better. This year for some reason, I just wasn't in the Christmas mood that much. Not sure why..