Social Group Icons PSA

Just a note to all people who have created a social group(s). Personally I'm liking these new changes and I'm really digging the fact that we can now create multiple threads going on within a social group. Very cool stuff!!

One new option I'm particularly fond of is that you can add a "Group Icon" picture (ie, profile pic) identifying your group which makes it much easier to spot....and also makes it more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, making it more likely that a non-member who is just randomly scrolling through groups, may be more inclined to check it out and see what it's all about!

Emily J has added one to her Oral Lovers group and I have added ones to the groups which I have created. You simply go to your group's main page, scroll to the bottom and you will see the "Edit Group" option. Scroll down and you will see "Edit Group Icon" where you will have the option of uploading a pic.

Keep in mind though that I believe these "Group Icons" are visible to all cerb members.....I could be wrong but I believe this to be the case even for the private groups.....so the group icon pic should be cerb friendly (ie, no genitals or sexual acts being portrayed).

Happy cerb-ing everyone!

• Like 3

Does anyone know if there's anything that can be done about groups whose owners have either left he board entirely, or are no longer active?

There's not usually a lot for group owners to do, but since there's stuff to do now, could ownership be transferred to a willing volunteer if need be?

Does anyone know if there's anything that can be done about groups whose owners have either left he board entirely, or are no longer active?

There's not usually a lot for group owners to do, but since there's stuff to do now, could ownership be transferred to a willing volunteer if need be?

Good idea! I'm sure the Mod can chime in on how easy or difficult this would be to do.

Might not help if the owner of the group left, but i saw a "Transfer To" function in the group i have.

Might not help if the owner of the group left, but i saw a "Transfer To" function in the group i have.

Yeah... that's great if group owners remember to do it before they leave :) The problem, alas, is that I suspect that frequently won't happen, and for many it's already too late.

One other thing which I've just discovered and I'm very happy about - you can now subscribe to the discussions within the groups, so you get notifications when they've been updated (and you can also, by implication, skip groups where there's nothing new). Which is awesome.

• Like 2

Yeah... that's great if group owners remember to do it before they leave :) The problem, alas, is that I suspect that frequently won't happen, and for many it's already too late.

LOL, i know, which is why i mentioned it may not help. But it was worth mentioning here at least, as i just discovered that function. Remembering to do it is another thing entirely, i agree.