Can someone explain the new thanks key, I've searched the site for info on it but can't find anything and I'm feeling left out because I don't have one:icon_cry:. Have I done something wrong, does it have to be earned? Thanks in advance-

• Like 5

Guest S**a*Q

It's right beside "Nominate post" on the post itself. I just found it cause you asked where it was. Lol!

Guest sidler

Where is that? SMQ- I don't see it either..... Sorry for being so blind ;-(

I noticed that button too yesterday, but could not find any info. about it either.

It seems I won't have this button under my own post. It is meant to thank the poster of the post you are reading. Then the tally of the " Thanks" will show up on the top right corner besides your handle of your future posts including the nos. you've given Thanks and the nos. you have received in your own posts.

Hope this makes sense. Someone probably can explain it better.

• Like 1

It looks like thanking someone gives them rep points, too.

If anyone can't see the "Thanks" button at the bottom-right of each post, I should PM Mod... it looks like this: post_thanks.gif

• Like 1

I'm feeling left out because I don't have one:icon_cry:. Have I done something wrong, does it have to be earned? Thanks in advance-

No one can see the "Thanks" button on their own posts.. because you cannot thank yourself.

(everyone else can see the post_thanks.gif button on your posts Cristy, you haven't been left out)

Kim

• Like 1

But so you know Cristy, you've been thanked at least three times (oh wait, four times) today ;-)

Just check your user control panel

Thanks are underneath the panic button fyi

And not a dumb question, a good question and thanks for bringing it up

RG

• Like 1

It looks like thanking someone gives them rep points, too.

In addition, Thanks button can also be used to thank those friends who wish you a happy birthday or congratulate you on your nth post or a wish get well posts.