Making Contact through texts

Happy New Year to everyone!

I know there is a thread some place regarding this issue (I was too lazy to look for it)

Since it is a new year, I just like ensure that the line of communication between a SP/MA and a gentleman is followed to a tee,and without fail.

My thoughts of Text A B C 's

a) Initial contact between both parties through a text is to initiate time/place and confirming the appointment.Or it can be done through a phone call.

b) After initial contact has been made, ONLY and IF only that "I" make contact with the provider,than it is fine for that provider to text back.

Example

ME - "Thanks for a great time it was a real pleasure meeting you"

HER- "No thank-you, I had such an enjoyable time "

c) On NO account should a provider right of the blue text me weeks later, or in fact months later.(Awkward to explain to my teenage daughter who picked up my phone because it was left on a table) :(

I know the same is in reverse for the gentlemen, as I have initiate a text to ladies in the past, but there was never an issue from them. If there is an issue or was an issue, the provider would of certainly let me know. I have a few ladies that are in my contacts, and we have kept in touch, the issue above I have not contacted her by text over months ago.

These ladies that I consider good friends we have kept in contact,without any issues from both sides.

Perhaps emailing,or pm's would suffice if both parties have not spoken for a couple months.

All I'm asking is for discretion and consideration.

When I initiate a text,

I might say "Okay to chat? "

I might not hear back, or

she may reply "Hi how are you? yes we can chat! "

Or I might get 'later okay"

For myself, it makes things simply for booking an appointment, and not waiting at times for schedules to be posted.

Anyways, Happy 2013 AND carry on folks :)

• Like 6

I agree PP, never should a sp contact a client/hobbyist unless and only if she is invited to . We-sp's on the other hand advertise our numbers-emails so we expect to be called or messaged at our advertised times and by anyone reading our ads-respectfully so I might add-meaning no foul language, crass pics, ect. This I would think is just common sense and proper etiquette

• Like 1

Guest F***tyF**rari

I am actually quite paranoid when replying to texts. If I do not see a text right away I am always very careful about replying. I have gotten a text and not seen it for an hour or 2 and been unsure if I should reply or not. When that happens I generally choose a simple "Hi" text that way it is not telling and could always be a wrong number.

Other than that I will never text even a return client unless it has been specifically discussed previously.

I don't mind initial contact via text, and even a few questions back and forth, but if it goes on much longer than 5 or 6 texts, I do ask the person to call me because otherwise I could find myself texting all day. If I don't get to the phone and see a text that was sent more than half an hour ago, I will not respond unless I recognize the number and know it's safe to text back. By then, you could be in the car with your SO, daughter, etc.

However, if you want to book an appointment, you must call me to do so, as I do not book by text and never give my exact address out ahead of time. I don't know if it's some teenager or jealous spouse who has gotten a hold of a client's phone.

Since I don't require references and go mainly with my gut feeling, this is a minimal part of my screening requirements - that is to say I must hear the caller's voice. Like I said, once we have met and you want to rebook, texting only is fine, but I also do not expect the client to just show up at my door either. They must go to the visitor parking and call from there.

I would NEVER text a client out of the blue for whatever reason, even if we have a good connection. It's tacky and not very discrete.

However, that being said, I do have a few male cerb members who I am friends with who I text with to say hi, but I have their explicit permission to do so because I know they are single/unattached etc. and they know they can do the same with me.

Pete, I agree. There is nothing so urgent that cannot be said in a quick pm or email, especially if it's after-the-fact.

You are not being unreasonable at all, asking that you not be contacted out the blue. It's just good manners not to do so.

The ladies who do that perpetuate the stereotype that some of us are desperate with no manners which is unfortunate.

• Like 2

I would like to think this does not happen often however, having read about it other threads already makes me think I am wrong. As Angela said this is only acceptable when the gentleman has said is ok to text at any time.

We should be as respectful as we expect others to be. When I text someone even when I know the text is expected I only say 'Hi, is Isabella.' that way if for some reason the person I sent it to suddenly has company since his name/handle wasn't mentioned he could always say he had no idea who that is (wrong number) and I don't mention any other details until I get a response that confirms texting anything else is convenient.

Unfortunately, we both ladies and gentlemen here have seen that most of the time this informative posts don't really make a difference for those who don't care about discretion and respect :icon_sad:

Unfortunately, we both ladies and gentlemen here have seen that most of the time this informative posts don't really make a difference for those who don't care about discretion and respect :icon_sad:

This is true... but it doesn't mean these threads are a waste of time. Not everyone who does this does it because they don't care - I'm sure some just don't know any better. If one SP who's starting out reads this thread and refrains from embarrassing one of her clients, it'll have been worthwhile, even though we'll probably never know. And sometime down the line it'll be worth someone else saying exactly the same as PP did, so that the message can reach a new audience. So it goes... and this applies just as much to the threads about things that guys do which annoy the ladies.

The simple fact is that this game we're all playing has a fairly high turnover rate, and there's new people starting from scratch on both sides of it all the time. We all benefit if we can avoid at least some people making some of the common mistakes. I know I've benefited from not making them :)

• Like 3

....... This I would think is just common sense and proper etiquette

They say that the problem with common sense is that it is not that common. I have often found this to be true.

• Like 2

Every once in a while I'll get a text that says, 'Hey', a few minutes later, 'available?', then a half dozen more within a short period of time, with an impatient, '????' if I don't get right back to them.

I finally figured out that it's usually younger guys doing this and realized it's a generation gap issue. I think it's normal for them to send dozens of casual one word text messages back and forth to their friends all day long, and assume that I have nothing better to do than read and respond to every one they send me.

Usually SPs and MAs have a business phone and a private phone. I usually check with a lady I like to repeat with if texting during posted working hours is OK. If I haven't met a lady I'll initiate with a PM, Email or phone call.

Unsolicited texts from SPs not appreciated as my phone is not just for hobbying.

• Like 2

Excellent post Pistol Pete and I agree in all respects. Another thing I thought I should mention.. Please don't text an SP out of the blue without the intention of booking an appt and wanting to get into long texts or sextexting.

I've had people attempt to do this and puts the SP in an awkward position and I am the one who has to take the upper hand and shut it down. I'm not interested in doing that and if I were, I'd be working a 1-900 number. Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 3

My thoughts of Text A B C 's

a) Initial contact between both parties through a text is to initiate time/place and confirming the appointment.Or it can be done through a phone call.

b) After initial contact has been made, ONLY and IF only that "I" make contact with the provider,than it is fine for that provider to text back.

Good post Pete. A good reminder and understood.

You and any hobbyist be sure to let the ladies know what you expect.

Myself ...who runs on the opposite end of the spectrum will let the ladies that I have met or intend to meet know they can text me anytime 24/7. My phone is my lifeline and the most secure, safest and passcoded piece of technology I own. This is how my dates are booked. This is how I truly get to know the ladies. This is how I know most times when a lady I repeat visit with is coming to my neck of the woods. I am in the stix....not Ottawa. I received a few Happy New Years texts as I sat home alone this year and that made me really smile !!

I am guilty of random texting gals....guilty here. I do it for various reasons. To make a connection..... to just say Hi....but believe it or not very very often it is to cheer someone up when I read a post or my gut senses that they are down and need a pick me up smile :)

Discretion for me is huge too ! I have more serious discretion issues with email and PM's so this is why I personally prefer texts.

Not trying to cause a problem....just pointing out that circumstances and preferences may vary.... What works perfect for one may be the enemy of another. Clarity from the start is the key in my eyes.

Cheers :chug:

• Like 1

I don't like when sps are trying to solicit business with randomly sending out texts and it is hard to imagine there is any other reason for them to do it. I think we are limited to placing our ads and REPLYING to queries, whether by text, email, pm, chat or phone, and not to initiate any kind of contact.

Always excepting the client who has made it clear he wants that sort of connection of course.

I think of it this way, texts are more like making phone calls than they are like sending an email. I know that a client keeps his emails private and is only going to read them when he is alone. Texts are not private, they just spring up on the phone. Anyone is able to read that, a co worker, a family member, or a stranger is they were in the right place at the right time. Not only that, but the texts hang around forever until deleted. Something that can be checked and read by anyone anytime, hours or days later.

I think that someone who would say they wouldn't dream of phoning a client out of the blue two weeks after having met them for the first time, would think nothing of sending a text. But they should think of the text in exactly the same way as they think of making a voice call. Or even more like, walking up to him while he is sitting in a cafe with other people and saying hello, when are you coming to see me again. In many ways, sending a text is exactly like that.

• Like 2