I've noticed something new on Craigs that I'm not sure is a new feature or not. Some of the ads are along with a picture, including a map. It doesn't have to be down to the street level, but if it shows the closest major intersection it's good enough. I think it's a great idea to be given a reasonable idea of the location of the provider, and might save a phone call.

I think it will be helpful but when I tried to use it today it messed up the rest of my ad badly, so I disabled it.

I would have thought that just posting in my city section would be enough of a hint as to my location, but judging from the many calls asking where am I and following my reply with a 'that's too far for me' I guess most do not lol. visual aids may be the next best step.

I've noticed something new on Craigs that I'm not sure is a new feature or not. Some of the ads are along with a picture, including a map. It doesn't have to be down to the street level, but if it shows the closest major intersection it's good enough. I think it's a great idea to be given a reasonable idea of the location of the provider, and might save a phone call.

Agreed, good call. I would hate to go through the process of booking an encounter only to cancel due to time constraints due to work and/or personal commitments, and not enough travel time (depending on traffic), then you would have wasted the lady's time also.

I'd like to get an idea of the approximate travel time. I've noticed some ladies put intersections and nearby landmarks in their ads and/or websites, a tip of my hat to them :)

I thought they cut out the Erotic section on CL?

Check the therapeutic section, it's become a quite active alternative.

Agreed, good call. I would hate to go through the process of booking an encounter only to cancel due to time constraints due to work and/or personal commitments, and not enough travel time (depending on traffic), then you would have wasted the lady's time also.

To be honest, I think it's up to whoever's traveling (you for incalls; the SP for outcalls) to make damn sure you know where you're going and how long it's going to take to get there, and to make sure you have enough time. Okay, traffic disasters happen, and you can't prepare for everything... but cancelling at the last minute really isn't fair and is probably a good way to annoy people, on either side. We've all been late because the traffic was crap and we hit every single red light on the way, but it's not good to make a habit of it.

I keep a book in the car, that I'm reading in five- or ten-minute chunks when I have a few minutes to kill because I got there a bit early. I find that much better than getting horribly stressed because I'm going to be late.

• Like 2

I think you are better off to stick to CERB, gents and ladies as well. Anyone can post there, especially those up to no good.

I also feel it is best to keep ones location discreet, to oneself, until you know the client you are giving it to. This is just my opinion but a feature allowing everyone to know your where abouts, even vaguely, especially until the law is firm on wether or not incalls are legal, is just not the safest move. Even then allowing anyone & everyone to know your location just draws unneeded attention to you and your business, again-jmo.:icon_biggrin:

cc. I hope no advertiser is dim enough to actually put in their real address, but it is a good warning to put out there in case they do.

The feature allows you to put in just the city and then click on the pointer or whatever it is at some random cross street for the purpose of the map.

I don't even give out my actual address to someone who is traveling from a far distance, I have the address of a building that is near the cross streets I provide for anyone who wants to google map to get directions and driving times, or to use for GPS.

• Like 1