That's F'n SICK! Who leaves their baby in like -40 weather? I'm glad that B!&@h was arrested!

:D now that being said, yes the poor animals can't take it either. I haven't taken Sookie for a walk in a little bit because her short pit-bull hair can't take it. I've already gotten her some booties for her feet a couple weeks ago because the ice and snow is so hard on her feet and I'm thinking of getting her a little jacket to keep her warm because she LOVES long walks but its too cold for her. I believe my dog is smart enough to know this keeps her nice and wam. I'm sure she does with her boots :) she'll put them on and walk around but AS SOON and she walks back in the house she's trying to pull them off. lol but not until ;) smart

• Like 1

Not only kids and pets but a spare blanket or some warm food for the homeless as well. There never seems to be enough room in the shelters this time of year.

• Like 7

my dogs go out to do what they have to and back in except the young one she stay out longer then she's in and lays in front of the wood stove

• Like 2

It actually warmed up a bit here in Moncton today :) sookie and I were able to go out for a nice walk down the street to visit the boys down at Doc Deals while I shopped :). She sits right up behind the pawn counter :)

380272_10200247014362923_1295724978_n.jpg

it was awesome to have a break in the windchill today :) we needed our walk

It actually warmed up a bit here in Moncton today :) sookie and I were able to go out for a nice walk down the street to visit the boys down at Doc Deals while I shopped :). She sits right up behind the pawn counter :)

380272_10200247014362923_1295724978_n.jpg

it was awesome to have a break in the windchill today :) we needed our walk

Is that your pooch on the chair?

Mine can't sit still long enough to do that. As soon as he see's me walk away around a corner, he has to either explore & get in trouble or come and find me for a reassuring scritch. Hyperactive critter.

Yes that is my pooch sitting proud on that stool. she can also walk around the wall ledge of my basement apt like a cat. Most definitely a character herself and worth keeping indoors and protected from the elements like she is family :)

• Like 1

Great advice (as always) Cristy. My sixteen year old dog

spends a total of about two minutes a day outside these days, but its amazing how many people will leave them out all day. It's cold out there people.

• Like 1

I haven't taken Sookie for a walk in a little bit because her short pit-bull hair can't take it. I've already gotten her some booties for her feet a couple weeks ago because the ice and snow is so hard on her feet and I'm thinking of getting her a little jacket to keep her warm because she LOVES long walks but its too cold for her. I believe my dog is smart enough to know this keeps her nice and wam. I'm sure she does with her boots :) she'll put them on and walk around but AS SOON and she walks back in the house she's trying to pull them off. lol but not until ;) smart

This brings back some fond memories of my little dog. One winter day, I had the booties on her and we set out to do some cross-country skiing. The weather was not cold, and she had pretty thick fur. She followed me as usual. After about 30min. of skiing, we got home, only then I noticed she had only one booty left on one of her paws! Had a good laugh - but had to go back to the trail and collect the lost ones.

• Like 1