Have you watched any good movies lately?

I saw G.I.Joe Retaliation on the plane last weekend. I didn't hate it. In fact I liked it enough to buy a BD to watch it on a 50 inch screen as opposed to a 5 inch screen.

I saw G.I.Joe Retaliation on the plane last weekend. I didn't hate it. In fact I liked it enough to buy a BD to watch it on a 50 inch screen as opposed to a 5 inch screen.

It's pretty hard to wrong with ninjas battling as they rappel down and run along the face of a mountain :)

I haven't seen it yet, but with drinking, alien body snatchers, and Rosamund Pike, and drinking, and Rosamund Pike, and drinking, and Rosamund Pike, ummmm, yeah, 'The World's End' is my kind of movie! :D

Saw "The Butler". Very good movie. Very heart warming movie about the black civil right movement. Thru the eyes of a Butler who served many presidents. Worth watching

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

I watched Mud tonight and quite enjoyed it. I think Matthew Mcconaughey has finally proven himself skilled enough to land some better roles (he was amazingly creepy in Killer Joe).

I mean, it was almost 3/4 of the way through the movie before they had him take his shirt off! It has some really good actors (Reese Witherspoon, Michael Shannon, Sam Shepard) in supporting roles and the two teenage boys who play the leads were great as well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935179/

saw the movie "The Impossible".

It is a heart warming movie about a family of 5 who get separated during the 2004 tsunami. The tsunami scene is realistic and horrifying. It's about how they found each other in the end thru adventures and tragedy. It's a very good movie with a great ending.

Watched two tonight that I enjoyed. I admit, I didn't read the entire thread, so my apologies if these have already been mentioned.

1. The Colony. Entertaining, sci-fi/post-apocalyptic movie about a group of survivors living underground after an ice age and then some cannibals who try to eat them all. Some dumb plot stuff (like, hello, it's blowing and snow-stormy, and yet, the cannibals can follow the dude's footprints?), but otherwise good times.

2. Oblivion. Enjoyed this one but kinda felt the clone bit was totally ripped from the movie Moon with Sam Rockwell. Tom Cruise is a security repairman and Earth is basically dead after nuclear war with aliens and his job is to make sure the aliens don't destroy this hydro thing that sucks up the oceans so that the surviving humans will have water on Titan, the moon they've colonized. Then he rescues this woman from a downed ship and all hell breaks loose.

• Like 1

Paths of Glory(1957), starring Kirk Douglas. Anti war war flick, sort of like Breaker Morant only set in ww1 with French troops.

Imho, Michael Douglas only inherited a fraction of dad's talent. Btw, whenever K. Douglas is mentioned, I have to note that my mom dated him a couple times at St. Lawrence Univ. before he was Kirk Douglas. If things were a bit different, I could've been crank Douglas!!!

• Like 1

Watching 'Clear History' right meow, written by and starring Larry David. HILARIOUS!!!!! I'm home alone and literally falling off my couch laughing at this.

The Collection. If you like movies like saw, this is right up there. Very graphic and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Also watched The Dark Tourist. This is a deep movie, and probably would not have watched it knowing what was portrayed. However, it was well done, and I am glad I watched it. I was surprised that the ratings were not more clear on what was involved. I mean, I see movies that say things like "sexually suggestive sceens" and nothing really shown, but this one I don't recall having the warnings.

• Like 1

Certainly not what would be considered artistic or the classics but just finished watching "There's Something About Mary" starring Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz and now starting to watch

"Major League" starring Tom Berenger, Charlie Sheen and Rene Russo

Lighthearted and funny

RG

• Like 1

In The Line Of Fire - Clint Eastwood vs John Malkovich. How have I never seen this movie before?!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

in a bit of a gangster mood ... watched Guy Ritchie's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch ... the latter is worth it for Brad Pitt's portrayal of Mickey.

Also watched Get Shorty and American Gangster, which I really like. Great performances by Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. Thinking of watching Miller's Crossing today

Porthos

• Like 1

Just watched the latest Jason Statham and really enjoyed it: Parker.

It's similar to movies like Payback.

Payback and Parker are actually based on the same book :) I've been wanting to check that one out. I've read a couple Parker books and they're pretty good.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Watched "The Town" yesterday. Great movie!

Between this and Argo, Ben Affleck has really been upping his game lately. So much so that I'm even cautiously optimistic about seeing him play Batman lol
  • Like 1

I saw 'Blue Jasmine', the new Woody Allen flick. I really liked it. If you can enjoy movies in which the characters are not likeable, then I would verymuch recommend it. Very good acting all around. And, although it is not a comedy, it has more humour than the trailers would lead you to believe.

• Like 1

Watched and enjoyed " The Sessions" starring Helen Hunt and John Hawkes -

Based on the poignantly optimistic autobiographical writings of California-based journalist and poet Mark O'Brien, The Sessions tells the story of a man confined to an iron lung who is determined - at age 38 - to lose his virginity. With the help of his therapists and the guidance of his priest, he sets out to make his dream a reality.

He hired a sex surrogate.....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_sessions/

If I were him, I will hire a cerb lady, or two, or three... lol.

Edited by Luckyme
addition
  • Like 2