How to edit the title

Strange question maybe from someone on cerb since 2008, but seriously I don't know how to edit the title for my posts. I made a recent post with mis-spelled words (was in rush getting ready for a V day date) and now no matter how I do I can't edit it. I know we can edit the post up to 48 hours by just clicking on Edit button at the lower right but the title does not show for editting or is that me?

I don't think you can,. A lot of forum sites are set up that way, you need an admin to go and fix it or delete it to start over.

I found that out the hard way. You're right, you can not edit the title. You can also delete the message of your post, but the post itself will remain.

• Like 1

You can edit the title by selecting "Edit" and then "Go Advanced".

But depending how long it's been since you created the thread, the title may appear changed in the thread itself, but not on the forum page if it's already been cached to the database.

Edited by Mature Angela
fix typo
  • Like 5

you can edit the title by selecting edit and then go advanced. But depending how long it's been since you created the thread, the title may appear changed in the thread itself, but not on the forum page if it's already been cached to the database.

You got it right Angela. This is how to edit the title and I did mine. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

you can edit the title by selecting edit and then go advanced. But depending how long it's been since you created the thread, the title may appear changed in the thread itself, but not on the forum page if it's already been cached to the database.

Learned something new - thanks Angela.