Ontario Today wins Gracie for show on sex trade

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2013/02/28/ottawa-ontario-today-gracie-award.html?cmp=rss

CBC News

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 3:53 PM ET

Last Updated: Feb 28, 2013 4:20 PM ET

Related Stories

Ontario Today

CBC's Ontario Today has won an award for a call-in show that offered listeners a chance to ask questions of a sex-trade worker and talk about how the sex trade has affected their lives

The Alliance for Women in Media Foundation has given its 2013 Gracie Award for Outstanding Talk Show for the show, the third time since 2010 the program has won the honour in the North America-wide competition.

The Gracie Awards honour programming created for women, by women, and about women.

Produced by Margot Wright and hosted by Rita Celli, the special program offered listeners the chance to ask questions of a sex worker and to share personal stories of how the sex trade has touched their lives.

The award was one of two earned by shows produced by CBC Ottawa.

"Strings," a music documentary that focused on string musicians in Ottawa, won for best portrait/documentary. It was produced by CBC Ottawa's arts and entertainment unit as part of the series Absolutely Ottawa.

The 38th Annual Gracie Awards will be presented on June 26 at the Hilton New York.

[While I think this is super cool, they could have at least mentioned my name--they wouldn't have won the award without me]

• Like 5