Sign in to follow this  

Input on Montreal hotels

I'm planning a weekend trip to Montreal. While i know the city well enough, i'm out of touch with the state of Hotels in the city.

I'm trying to balance proximity to the "downtown core" (i.e shopping), subways stations (easy enough for me, there is always one nearby), price, and accessibility to parking. I thought i'd ask some input to see if i'm not missing anything.

Hotel W and the Nelligan both come highly recommended by locals, but i'd be likely be leaning towards the Nelligan if i had to pick between the two (it came highly recommended, and i know the area).

Closer to downtown shopping, I have used the Hyatt many years ago (Jeanne-Mance and St-Catherine), and i believe it has ben renovated recently. I found it's closer to everything if one wants to head out.

The other one i am looking at is the Holiday Inn, on Sherbrooke (West) Street, near Bleury. Rates are good, but I have never been.

Input or other ideas are welcomed, either on this thread or by PM.

Many thanks

I usually stay at the W Montreal. It's right in downtown at Square Victoria, the subway station is literally outside the front door of the hotel. There is a great bar in the mezzanine and a good night club on the ground floor. The rooms are always clean and I've never had a bad experience staying there. Make sure if you stay to say hi to the female staff for me ;).

http://www.wmontrealhotel.com/

• Like 3

If you are considering the Nelligan (which I love), you might also want to check out the Auberge du Vieux Port and the Lofts du Vieux Port. Depending on the season, the prices are not bad and ususally less expensive then the Nelligan. Parking is valet parking ($20-$25) so you don't have to worry about it.

What I like about this location is that you are close to everything; good restaurants, art galleries, caleche rides, ice cream and cup cakes shop (lol), but the best thing is that you are a few minutes (walking) from the Scandinave spa! If you've never been there, treat yourself. It's well worth it!

• Like 1

What I like about this location is that you are close to everything; good restaurants, art galleries, caleche rides, ice cream and cup cakes shop (lol), but the best thing is that you are a few minutes (walking) from the Scandinave spa! If you've never been there, treat yourself. It's well worth it!

Cup cake shop, did you say? ;-)

I'll certainly look it up (thanks for the links); now that i read your post, i remember hearing the names before, but hadn't thought of it.

Edit:

I'll certainly look up the spa!

I recently did a short impromptu visit to Montreal. I ended up staying at Hotel W. The decision did not come easy ..... What sold me for that trip was the Subway entrance right across the street from the hotel, and everything is within walking distance - i literally could be anywhere within just about 15 minutes walking distance or so (the train station is about 10 minutes away - give or take-).

Restaurants abound in the area, from classy steak (Houston Grill right on the corner), to fish and chips, and a Five Guys burger joint, and that is not counting all the bistros in the old city and the proximity to the Quartier des spectacles.

Hotel W is in an old Bank building, but don't let that fool you: the interior is very design (modern), and service by the staff is exceptional, especially at the bars.....

For the time i spent there (less than 24 hours), i could not visit the cupcake shop ( :-( ), the Scandinavian Spa nor visit the galleries quoted by Gabriella.

Guest webothscore

Well, she got my attention with cupcakes! Decision is easy :)