Does your pet drive you nuts?

My 15yr old dog thinks he's a serious wolf.

He likes to get up on the sofa to have a snooze, but at his age, his back legs fail him. He doesn't like help being lifted up on the couch or on the bed..Whenever I offer to help, he gives me a growl: "I don't need any help you stoopid icehole! - Just give me a little boost you ugly prick..,grrrrrrroowwlll".

He likes to sleep in until about 12pm with his head firmly buried under my bed.

He doesn't like his food the same way. He only eats one meal a day now...unless it involves chicken.

The older my little guy gets, the more character he develops. He likes to take himself for walks in the mornings...all over the fucking house. I've got a fair amount of hard floor surfaces upstairs & on the main level...click click clickitty click clack click click. You get the idea. Lately, he's taken to pissing on the floor when it suits him.

Is this what's in store for all of us when we get to a certain age? Got elderly pets?...what's your experience?

• Like 1

Ugh, I have the opposite problem. A three month old puppy that is driving me nuts (well, more like testing my patience). Just when you think he has something figured out, he will take a step back. He goes to the back door and cries, I run to let him out and he pees. We do this for several days and I figure great, he's got that down pat! Last night, we're in the kitchen and I'm just cleaning up and he's lying by the back door. He gets up, stretches and proceeds to pee on the floor while looking right at me!

I hope we have 15 years together, but I seriously better not be wiping up pee for the next 15 minutes!

Drive me nuts? I don't even know where to begin.

The dog:

- Gets in our bed and licks her privates leaving huge wet spots.

- Is completely immovable. Plunks herself down wherever you want to be and all you can do is slide her around with your foot.

- Did I mention immovable? Gets in bed with you and progressively inches her way into wherever you are until you only have a tiny spot left.

- Eats poop. I've given up on trying to stop her since it's mostly harmless but when her belly is bad and she comes back inside to throw up afterwards...you've not lived until you've cleaned up poop-barf.

- Oh yes, immovable. If you're in a recliner, her favorite spot is under the footrest so you can't put it down.

The cat:

- Only drinks from the tap. This leads to her scratching the tub spout in the middle of the night to wake us up if we forget to close the bathroom door.

- Excessively talkative. Constantly needs to tell you all about her day.

- Needs to be fed even if she already has food. "Five in the morning? I better rub my whiskers in masters face just to make sure he doesn't forget to get up and feed me."

- Trained assassin. Her preferred method is to make it look like an accident by tripping people going down stairs.

- Cannot be behind a door. This means no more pooping or sex with a door closed since she requires entrance and will scratch the door or 'boing' the door stop until you let her in.

Anyway, I love the critters but sometimes....Anyone want to adopt some pets? Slightly used, still got plenty of miles on them.

• Like 6

Drive me nuts? I don't even know where to begin.

The dog:

- Gets in our bed and licks her privates leaving huge wet spots.

- Is completely immovable. Plunks herself down wherever you want to be and all you can do is slide her around with your foot.

- Did I mention immovable? Gets in bed with you and progressively inches her way into wherever you are until you only have a tiny spot left.

- Eats poop. I've given up on trying to stop her since it's mostly harmless but when her belly is bad and she comes back inside to throw up afterwards...you've not lived until you've cleaned up poop-barf.

-

Lol, one of my babies is only ten lbs yet she seems to take up most of a queen size bed.

If I may add eating poop my be a need for your dog to have something in it's diet that it is missing some recommend giving a tums tablet. Although this can also be behavioral.

• Like 1

ohh my God drive me nuts that's not even the word lol my too never stop fighting and yes they put themselves in bed where ever they want to the point where I'm almost falling off the bed lol then at 7am when my alarm goes off and I don't get up they proceed to whine and lick my face... did I mention that they never stop fighting lol... and then as soon as I get all comfortable and just about to fall asleep Charlie gets up and decide is going to go lay by the garage door but he opens my door wide open so then I have to get back up and close my door lol but man o man do I ever love them!!! they are my protectors and my bestest friends

I love my dogs, they enrich my life with so much joy!

BUT......

Tilo for some odd reason likes to chew his nails! I am a groomer, and so I do take care of his feet. When he does this his nails turn into little sharp pointy things...grrrrr it rips every pair of nylons, scratches my legs, it hurts! lol

This is my Mini Poodel Tilo in his Show Clip:)

17525_467884243266073_1870060986_n.jpg

My Razor Back Pitbul, Ceaser:) Loveable and sweet as could be....but he is too smart for my own good,lol. This dog actually watches TV!! He likes hockey and the news....DOES NOT LIKE action or adventure movies, koodoo comercials or cartoons of any kind, lol!!! He will jump and carry on like a fool when he sees something on TV, most of the time he goes in the kennel if we are watching a movie!

Ohhhh BTW....the poodel is the Alfa male of the house hahahhah

579649_466081820112982_993163136_n.jpg

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia
  • Like 2

Every morning, as soon as I give the smallest shift to indicate I may be awake, my little Cleo Catra jumps on my chest and begins to meow, loudly, and won't give up until I get out of bed and feed her some wet food. Demanding kitty!

When friends sleep over they complain that she should come with a mute button, lol

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Yes older pets become more demanding and they do their best to communicate their needs. My little spaniel has developed his own method of communication with me. If I hear the water bowl clanking I know he is telling me that he is out of food or water and the din continues until he has his way. When its walk time he sits and he stares and stares you know that kind of feeling you get when you kind of sense some one is watching you. If he needs to go out side to relieve himself and I don't move fast enough he runs around several times and then goes to the door and then barks. Who says he needs to speak English!

Guest *l**e

none of any of this that you all have stated was even close to as annoying as raising teenage girls!!!

i have 3 dogs all golden retrievers 1 is 10 1 is 6 and the other 1 will be 2 in august the oldest 1 i see now has a hard time getting up when she lies on the floor but golden's are known for hip problems and they say they only live to about 15 years old there a pain some times but i love them and would never part with them and great company because they never answer back (lol) they have only slipped the odd time only because i was gone for a night and they were alone just the nieghbour coming over to let them out they are awesome company and no person could replace the companionship that i have with them but some day they will all be gone and i really don't think i would get anymore it will be hard when 1 goes because they are just like family

• Like 2

I'm convinced there is a ghost in my house and my big 5 year old 15 lb tabby who is like a human being chases whoever it is..probably the cat who died last year. I had friends over last night and they watched the whole thing play out.

The orange tabby as a kitten used to take this 11 year old cat and grab him by the neck and drag him across the floor. The cat who is now deceased was always tolerant to a degree but would put his foot down when orange pissed him off. So now I think someone has come back to get retribution.lol. It always happens after 9 Pm. Someone is playing with my cat but it's not a scary or weird vibe at all.

So now orange tabby is fascinated by the faucet in my roman bathtub. He follows me to my room and jumps in and waits for me to turn it on because I rarely use it. Then he will sit on the side of the bath putting his paw through the water and will sit there for a good half hour watching. Same with the toilet. He likes to watch it be flushed. And then the other day, jumped in a tub full of lukewarm water!

Problem is I have another cat who is really old and should be alpha male in house but is too passive. The older cat gets grabbed by the neck when sleeping on the bed, sofa or chair by tabby esp when I'm sitting there. Or just because he feels like it.

He follows me 2 miles on a walk, taps me on the arm or back ( very persistent) when he wants to go out the kitchen door if I happen to be sitting there, he loves the outdoors and can stay out for hours at a time in warmer weather once finding him miles away from my house while I was out walking. He knows how to give paw and talks alot. He is just one of those unique cats with character and is nice but doesn't take shit. He also likes to play rough and bites! He is so damn cute and has the most beautiful fur. He is my boy!

cat_02.jpg?noCache=1359606958

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure my cat thinks the bathroom is a petting station. I sit down and seconds later, there she is, assuming the position (ass towards me, facing out). She actually looks back at me and meows if I don't pet her right away. When I'm home alone, I don't even bother with the door because she's just going to try to push it open anyway.

IMAG0347_zps9e641e27.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for reminding me of another thing that my friendly furry curmudgeon likes to do to....he barges his way into my bathroom just cuz he can.

There's no true privacy in my own castle it seems. Who is the true king?

• Like 3

I got 3 small dog and I swear when they sleep with me they take up so much room. One of them has to sleep by my feet under the same blanket and she curls herself in it taking most of the blanket not to mention I can no longer move my legs freely without have to move her. I have another who like to sleep beside me sometimes up against me which can be difficult cause I so scared to roll over and squish the little thing. She also love to dig her head in the weirdest places, she'll stick it in my armpit, in between my legs under my neck, wherever its warm she'll stick it there. If she can't jump on the bed cause of a blanket or because she is to lazy she wine and start to talk and tell me to pick her the f up.

In the morning if I hint to them I'm awake make a noise I'm screwed they come out of the blankets and smother me with kisses and the feeling of a wet slimy little tongue in my nose is gross.

But what can I say I love me pets they keep me company and I don't have to worry about them hurting me like most people. They are a true friend.

• Like 2

I have a little rescue that is such a pain sometimes. His trainer told me the first time she met him "He is broken, the SPCA should have put him down. I can teach him some manners but he'll never be right." That was the beginning of an experience that I can say has been interesting. He has anxiety. WTF is he anxious about? His vet suggested anti anxiety meds but I'll be damned if I have a dog on drugs and I'm not getting any! People coming thru the front door put him over the fragile edge and walking him is akin to being a map strategist and lion handler all at the same time. He loves other dogs but is the self appointed yard monitor at the dog park, running around telling other dogs off for being too rough, too loud or just having too much fun. He's like that kid we all went to school with but never really understood. Quirky, odd and really wanted to be friends with you but never knew how to do it.

He's a sweet, obnoxious bundle that is only ever truly happy when he's curled up under a blanket close to someone from his pack. His brokenness fits perfectly into my unconventional tribe of misfits, angels and social outcasts that make up his pack. Maybe when things calm down I will look for another dog who is calm and laid back to add to the pack.

cat

• Like 4

Thank you Cat for having the compassion and balls to take a rescue, as it does take balls. We never know their whole story or why they are the way they are. Some behaviors are able to be corrected with great patience and understanding some may not be. But those humans that take on these poor creatures that others have screwed are to be commended, to say the least, so to all who have adopted someone elses disposable pet-thank you.

• Like 2

I love my dog more than anything in the world but she weighs 90lbs and she thinks she's a lap dog! She is sooo needy! She always needs a hand or a foot or a leg or anything touching her and if she doesn't get it, she climbs up on top of you! And she has a knack for (I think purposely) stepping on your manhood if you kick her off! But what can I say, I love my (big) little snuggle monster!

• Like 1

My female cat is a stuck up princess. She does not want to be touched or played with unless it is bedtime. Bedtime is the only time she will cuddle or pay any attention to you(unless you feed her). She is really cute when she cuddles, tho and she likes it when you hold her paw.

My male cat thinks he's a dog. He plays fetch with my hair elastics, has a hair elastic hording place under the couch and he makes all kinds of weird noises. He is really cute and sleeps at my feet the whole night. He will get in moods of needing attention, he'll want up and then down and then up again. That's okey because I always say to him, who can't love you, teehee.

My favorite part is when my cats are cleaning each other and cuddling. Until my male cat pisses my female cat off and she hisses at him and walks away like a stuck up princess. My male cat will do stuff to my female cat so she will get all pissy and attack him, he thinks this is play time, she just gets really pissed off. It's funny to watch.

My male cat thinks he's a dog. He plays fetch with my hair elastics, has a hair elastic hording place under the couch and he makes all kinds of weird noises.

I've had various cats with dog-like tendencies over the years. Super cute. If you like that sort of thing,

is hilarious.
  • Like 1

Someone gave us a 9-week-old boxer/lab mix puppy for Christmas, but before that, we always had rescues. We took in some of the toughest of the tough cases (and that's why I can't have nice things). I usually find that dogs become particularly sweet and lovable in their last years. We currently also have a beagle that is probably at least twelve. (Being a former hunting dog, no one is even really sure who he is, let alone how old he is.) He's the greatest guy ever, and I love the stink out of him. I will consider it a privilege to share his golden years.

I had actually been hoping that when the last of our dogs went, we might be dogless for at least a few years. I always wanted to travel (and not just from one drop zone to another). Maybe get one of those little pop-up trailer things, and see the maritime provinces. (Not sure I'm still rough and ready enough to tent it. I know Fred isn't!)

But no! Taking on a puppy pretty much ensures that for the next 10-15 years, I'll be cleaning up messes, and reupholstering the furniture with dog-friendly fabrics, and eating every meal with eyeballs riveted to me, watching that I leave a few bites. I tried to re-home him. I have a friend who's active in flyball and agility training. He knows a lot of people. I could have found him a great home. But I watched my husband watching that puppy, and I knew it was game over. No way could I take that puppy away from him.

So! The little shit jumped on me yesterday, sent my ipod touch flying and shattered the screen. But he's a puppy, and puppies destroy a lot of stuff in their first couple years of life. That said, he's adorbs! And worth it. Even though he munched on my best black heels. I think he's going to be the best dog ever. Fred calls him Buddy, and that's pretty much his job description too.

(Anybody know where I can get my touchscreen replaced while I wait? I'd prefer not to have to drive into town twice over this.)

• Like 1

I have a beautiful Husky I rescued about two years ago. The vet thinks he was around 2 years old when I found him. It took a long time for him to trust my kids and I but once he did his personality came shining through.

I have never had a dog who is so vocal, He loves to talk and actually clearly says words. Every morning he says hello when I get out of bed and loves to tell me he is hungry and can say I love you. Sometimes he likes to tell me these things at 3 in the morning, the first time he did this I flew out of my bed thinking someone was in my house.

He is also an escape artist he thinks it alot of fun to find ways out of his collar well we are walking so he can chase squirrels and take swims or scare...I mean greet anyone walking down the street.

He also loves to cuddle which usually ends with me being completely squished as my 80 lb dog thinks he a Chihuahua.

• Like 1

I've had dogs and cats over the years and currently am down to just one elderley but spiritied feline who truly gives substance to that saying that "dogs have owners and cats have employees".

This 3.5 pound long hair sheds like you wouldn't believe; Her farts smells are akin to the north end of a buffalo heading south; will only consent to scratching on the expensive furniture and walks over your entire body at night until the appropriate respects are paid to her.

I still love her dearly though........

• Like 2