I've been fortunate to travel to all Provinces/Territories in this country as well as many destinations around the world. So much about me is truly Canadian and I'm deeply loyal. Whether its our beautiful landscapes from coast to coast to coast, the pride I have in our Forces, how we try and balance complex issues for a common good, hockey, all 4 seasons...and I could go on.

This recent ad just makes me smile about being Canadian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WAsV0HZ0D4

What makes you a proud Canadian?

Cub

• Like 4

Good topic! :)

I agree with everything you mentioned and am also very proud of my heritage, but sometimes I consider it more as grateful than proud. :)

I posted this link elsewhere recently too, but I just love it so much and this was something that definitely touched me and reminded me of how awesome we are, and how lucky we have it :)

This is pretty cool too... from a few years ago, played on an American network during the Vancouver Olympics. Worth a watch! :)

Edited by Sweet Emily J
  • Like 2

What makes you a proud Canadian?

I love the multicultural mosaic that Canadian metropolitan cities offers. Proud of Canadian hospitality, our low crime rates and our friendly smiles. We live in natures playground with great skiing, rock climbing locations, trees to scale and dog sledding to the backdrop of the aurora borealis ... It might get chilly in Canada but what cold can a cuddle not fix?

Not too many countries hate us. Our banks are more stable than many countries. Men are more chivalrous and you know what they say about those french girls ...;-). Bottom line, Canada has a lot of things it needs to fix, but, in the grand scheme of things, i'm proud to be Canadian.

On another note...some of my American friends are proud to be Canadian too, as i've noticed them wearing Canadian paraphernalia while traveling abroad.

• Like 3

Humility.

Humanity.

The need to do the right thing knowing that the accolades may fall elsewhere.

Knowing that the world respects us, not because of power or of historical significance, but because we are good people.

Understanding that we still exist through fortitude, a strength of character that quietly declares, "We are none other than Canadians."

We are embarrassed when others compliment us; we accept what we are. Instead of waving the flag, we silently embrace the beauty of our character. We get teary eyed when we succeed despite the advantages of others.

We treat others fairly. We give praise when praise is due, but we don't vilify those who fall short. We understand that not everyone can be the winner, and understand better that for every winner there must be a host of those that have never won.

We are the good guys. We don't wear the white hat nor do we swing the big sword. We are the ones standing behind, thankful that we have done what we can to make the world a better place to be.

If we were any other culture, we would hail ourselves as the model of what a country should be... but we don't. We can't. It's not in our nature.

We're Canadians.

• Like 5