Little Girl Pug needs a forever home

Don't say that. I LOVE PUGS. I would like to grab her little squishy face and kiss it over and over again. I would put little tu tu's on a her and have a pink sparkly collar on her. But I have two cats and my landlord keeps telling me to stop asking for pets. I wanted to get a ball python and he just looked at me like I was loca.

I love my cats but I wish I could walk them or take them to the beach. I tried walking my cat (peachy slaps head) and she firmly planted her but in the ground. So I either had to drag her or pick her up, that was the end of that, lol.

I wish you luck in finding a good home for your cute little pug. Who can't love a face like this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZ29zw0mp3EnkJ3cYoQjmSnIfC2-hrFEV_40ejRTBeV7JcWfJsUg

Cleo and Peachy: you misunderstand. She has a forever home here with us if we can't help her connect with a special someone.

I am a great believer that dogs (and even cats) need jobs. This little girl is ideally suited to be a special companion to someone. She seems very happy here in our home, but she's one of three dogs and there are two cats, as well. She gets along fine with all of them, and she seems enthusiastic about finding her niche here.

But I know dogs very well. I've lived with dogs my whole life. I've rescued and fostered many dogs. Our house is the place where everyone else's dogs go for "vacay" while their families travel.

And that's why I know in my heart that this little girl was born to be a special companion to someone. I am thinking someone older, settled in life. Perhaps someone retired or a couple where at least one partner is at home through the day. I honestly believe that there's a situation out there where she could make a difference in someone's life. Sometimes souls were meant to find one another.

And I'm just putting it out there to see if we can find that person for her.

Meanwhile, believe me, she's got us all charmed around here, and is fitting right in. She doesn't have to go anywhere, and we'd only let her go if we believed she was going to a better situation.

• Like 2

I must say seeing the kindness in people's heart it really touch's me, and I get to see the inner beauty in people. I'm so glad I saw this post, I also love animals. Thank joyfulC, you are a very caring person.

• Like 2

I must say seeing the kindness in people's heart it really touch's me, and I get to see the inner beauty in people. I'm so glad I saw this post, I also love animals. Thank joyfulC, you are a very caring person.

Thanks, but the reason I chose to post this on CERB is because I know there are a lot of big-hearted people here. People on CERB love their pets!

• Like 3

CERBies DO have Big hearts FILLED with LOVE t4501.gif I would absolutely love to give the squishy little faced butter ball a good home with me and Sookie. But I'm sure I'm in the wrong province ;)

She is sooooo cute!! I'm sure whatever is meant to happen will happen. Christine, I think she has already found a good home. ;)

Yeah, and she really knows how to work it with daddy. She's pretty much skipped to the head of the queue around here.

I just think she could do better than us! Around here, she'll just be one of the pack. I see her being the joy of someone's life. Someone who will buy her toys (which we won't do), and send her to the dog groomer (which we won't do) and run her into the vet over every little figment of their imagination, only to have to listen to a lecture about how she could stand to manage her weight a little better.

We have several eager applicants, but I'm not sure. The best of them is a couple who recently lost a pug to old age, and would love to have another. That's a mark in the good column. But they also recently had their first baby. New first time parents usually have no clue as to just how uncivilized their lives are going to be for the next several years. It's not a great time to take on a new pet. The pet usually gets the worst of that deal.

(After the day we had around here, I'm thinking of keeping her and trying to re-home the damned puppy!)

Rehoming is always so hard. I have re-homed well over 30 pets over the years. It is so easy to say "we give the best" for the animal, when in fact there are others out there that need this animal in their life.

I always go with the assumption that if it is meant to be, the clouds will part, and the sun will come thru and clearly show you that this adoption is a match made in heaven. If you don't feel it is the right match, keep looking.

Been reading your input on the puppy...I feel for you. I don't take in puppies anymore (or at least try to avoid letting puppies in, because once they are in, I am hooked). Remember, there is nothing wrong with a pack, they love this. The older dog will teach the puppy many things that you cannot.

I had a lab a while ago, and rehomed her because I really don't have the energy for a lab. However, didn't really think what it would do to my other older dog. She was an only dog for so long, I thought it would go back to the way it was before. However, she grieved for her and I now regret rehoming the lab because Maggie misses her. Maggie is a bossy girl and loved telling a dog 4 times her size what to do, where to sleep, when to eat and stealing the toys from her. Now she only has the cats to harass and am thinking of getting another dog for her.

However, no, I am not looking for a pug, but good luck.

Well, I guess she's staying. After much discussion, we've renamed her "SweetPea." I never really thought of our home as being one that would include a pug, but that's because I was a pug bigot. This little girl is all dog. And she can hold her own!

I always go with the assumption that if it is meant to be, the clouds will part, and the sun will come thru and clearly show you that this adoption is a match made in heaven. If you don't feel it is the right match, keep looking.

I had a lab a while ago, and rehomed her because I really don't have the energy for a lab. However, didn't really think what it would do to my other older dog. She was an only dog for so long, I thought it would go back to the way it was before. However, she grieved for her and I now regret rehoming the lab because Maggie misses her. Maggie is a bossy girl and loved telling a dog 4 times her size what to do, where to sleep, when to eat and stealing the toys from her. Now she only has the cats to harass and am thinking of getting another dog for her.

I'm glad you've decided to keep the little pug, i'm sure she'll bring you lots of joy-joy

After adopting my second dog last year I'm now a believer that a long time single dog is much happier with a mate. My first dog-now 10 was very spoiled, needy, bossy uninterested in other dogs yet she has accepted and now loves her new mate. I'ts taken nearly a year for the bond to develop but they play together sometimes groom one another, sleep side by side, it's been wonderful. It's got me thinking about a third.. all I can say is when you take in a rescue be prepared as it may cost you $$$$ .I have spent what some may consider a small fortune on my rescue, but she has been worth every cent. In actuality this should be considered before getting any pet, their health care can be very costly, let alone food and grooming costs. So you need the means to support them.

Edited by cr**tyc***es

Oh no! I forgot to phone the vet and ask if they'd have time to give her a check up when we bring the little boy dog in Tuesday. It's The Big Snip for him!