Is it possible to give something in appreciation?

I contacted someone for a reference, and while doing so, I started to wonder if there was a way I could thank her for her time (should she/if she would like to provide one).

I started thinking about different times where I've read something here, and truly appreciated someone taking the time to share something so insightful, it helped a great deal.

Basically, something like "hey, thanks for that amazing favour/nice thing you said that really made my day, here have a coffee on me". Something that the receiver could maintain complete anonymity while not having to jump through hoops to redeem.

If you like, you could give a gift card, if you know where to mail it.

I send a thank you email, they know how much it is appreciated

Also, the ladies who provide me with references are ones I repeat with. I suppose being a repeat client is another token of appreciation

I would think the biggest way you show the lady your appreciation is that you are a client who supports verification/screening, including reference checks, which shows you to be a respectful caring client, and that is appreciated by all ladies

A rambling

RG

Doesn't Amazon or iTunes have some form of e-gift card? Not sure to what extent you'll need to provide your and/or her personal info when buying.

Guest D***el B***e

Is this a token of appreciation that you would give hand-in-hand? ... It's always a delicate subject to give gifts if you don't know the person that well. You wouldn't give a bottle of wine to someone you know goes to AA regularly. However there are a number gift cards that appeal to a wide population and you can always play it safe that way. There is also the electronic version of most gift card you can email to someone. However I personally feel that a face-to-face visit to thank someone goes a long way, whenever feasible of course.

Most of the people I know drink their wine like a sponge sucks water, so for me a gift in an easy choice! lol lol

Most of the people I know drink their wine like a sponge sucks water, so for me a gift in an easy choice! lol lol

Darn u getting to know me to well now LOL

I think the greatest show of appreciation would be to see her (or see her again) :)

To be honest, my circumstances don't allow this. I am very happy to see her again, but I've moved to a different city. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking her for a reference in the first place.

If I'm back in town, I'd love to see her again, but till then (Whenever that is) I'm out of luck. Hence the question, a quick thank you gift that is small. I just thought it would be a polite thing to do if am I am going to ask her for some of her time for my sake.