A Lady's Guide to Brothels - CBC Newsworld, Sunday 23 Aug 2009

Guest W***ledi*Time

The documentary "A Lady's Guide to Brothels" is being rebroadcast on CBC Newsworld, Sunday 23 Aug 2009, 10 pm ET/PT (directed and produced by Helen Simpson in 2008 for Renegade Pictures in the U.K.)

From the promo:

Legalizing brothels may not seem like an issue the Women's Institute of Hampshire would take on, but in a style reminiscent of the "Calendar Girls", best friends Jean Johnson and Shirley Landels decide they're game to take their campaign to reform prostitution laws on-the-road in search of the 'perfect' brothel. Traveling from their home in Middle England to Amsterdam, Nevada, and New Zealand, the two British grannies offer us a pragmatic, often blushing, and sometimes hilarious insight into the sex industry.

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/passionateeyeshowcase/2008/ladysguide/

ladysguide_title.jpg

Guest s******ecan****

thanks for the heads up WrinkledinTime...I may catch it unless "Bill" crashes the party and cuts off my power.

Guest W***ledi*Time
I may catch it unless "Bill" crashes the party and cuts off my power.

don't ... mention ... the "B" word ... ha ha ...

1918774.bin

In case you missed it last year...

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/pass...08/ladysguide/

Legalizing brothels may not seem like an issue the Women's Institute of Hampshire would take on, but in a style reminiscent of the "Calendar Girls", best friends Jean Johnson and Shirley Landels decide they're game to take their campaign to reform prostitution laws on-the-road in search of the 'perfect' brothel. Traveling from their home in Middle England to Amsterdam, Nevada, and New Zealand, the two British grannies offer us a pragmatic, often blushing, and sometimes hilarious insight into the sex industry.

Set your PVRs I know I did so I won't miss it.