Advice From Those Knowing Halifax Eateries

Mid July I'm heading back out to Nova Scotia for the Celebration Of Dad's Life.

My immediate family is getting together for a celebratory goodbye dinner. We want a steak/seafood restaurant, in Halifax, that has good food, not necessarily expensive but not cheap either. Any suggestions would very much be appreciated

Thanks

RG

I suggest Mic Mac Tavern in Dartmouth. You can get surf and turf dinner is like 22.00! 6 oz steak and lobster:)

Baton Rouge is great, can bit pricy...

Blue Nose right in the harbour. REALLY great seafood

Take a peek at their web sites:)

OHHH also Economy Shoe Shop sounds funny, but OHHH man good food, entertainment and right in the heart of HFX:)

• Like 1

Hers a big Halifax hug-

I would recommend the five fisherman-they won best seafood restaurant this year and also have other food items other than seafood. They also have an all you can eat mussel bar.

also salty's is very popular, it's on the water has an outside deck, and has casual dining downstairs and a little more formal upstairs,its beautiful to eat there at night and look out into the harbour.

I hope this helps-hers a link to others

http://www.thecoast.ca/halifax/BestofFood2013/Page

• Like 3

Guest C**Tra****er

If you're looking for a place to have a couple of wets, you might try Henry House on Barrington Street. Nice pub atmosphere with a great bunch of craft beers.

A nice place to grab a bite to eat, although small for any kind of function is Brooklyn Warehouse on Windsor Street. Winner of Best Burger in Halifax a few years in a row.

A nice place to grab a bite to eat, although small for any kind of function is Brooklyn Warehouse on Windsor Street. Winner of Best Burger in Halifax a few years in a row.

I too have heard great things about the Brooklyn warehouse, I haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet but soon.

Ahh, in my earlier post=her/hers=was a typo was supposed to be here's-sorry