Tim Hortons as put up the price again on there coffee and donuts and whatever else they are selling. In these hard times what is this world coming to? when a man can't afford a coffee and donut in the morning and leave a tip.:sad:

Prices going up? Who would have ever thought it! Oh well, I'll have to make my own tea.

I used to always drive with a Tim's. But I discovered I actually travel farther, faster, on cold water than hot coffee. And I use fewer public bathrooms.

Yeah, and since the Americans (Wendy's inc.) bought them and they started freezing and unfreezing their donuts, they're not very good.

And since when did an apple fritter get reduced in size to a dutchie? They're tiny now!

I read once that apple fritters are their biggest selling donut, so I guess it makes sense to make them smaller and make more money.

Guest s******ecan****

Tim's feels that they can get away with this because there is never any real backlash. I stopped going there years ago because they were consistently out of product (certain types of donuts never coffee). After a while I became pissed off..here they are a major chain, and I cannot count on them having the product I want even 50% of the time.

I only drink tea now, but when I dropped Tim's I found MacDonalds sold better tasting coffee, the only drawback was the drive thru are not as quick due to all of their other business.

Canadians seem to treat Tim's like the government, they hate it, but are addicted. They complain, but do little to change it. They put up with arbitrary revenue grabs with little complaint.

I don't get it myself.:confused:

I find McDonald's coffee taste better than Timmies and I switched when Mcd's had the coffee war a couple months back!

Coffee and a muffin for $1.50 !

I guess Ron Joyce needs the xtra cash to get to his golf course out East in his jet! Lol I have always figured that Timmies put something in their coffee to make it addictive!

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, and since the Americans (Wendy's inc.) bought them and they started freezing and unfreezing their donuts, they're not very good.

And since when did an apple fritter get reduced in size to a dutchie? They're tiny now!

I read once that apple fritters are their biggest selling donut, so I guess it makes sense to make them smaller and make more money.

Dude.....if you want a real fritter........the Ottawa Hospital General campus has them at the coffee shop...freaking huge!!!

They get them from the Richmond bakery.

Richmond bakery......go there any time and they have them fresh and they are HUGE!!!!!

stopped going to timmies awhile back, product shrunk like you know who in january, also they don't fill coffee all the way up, go to mcdonalds coffee is much better and those sticky buns are ohhh soooo sweeeeet!:lol:

I think I'm going to switch to McDonald's. I've been in a Tim Horton's trance for years, and this gives me a good reason to break it. Although in reality, the increase is irrelevant, I don't think it's warranted.

I remember when Tims had real donut bakers in their stores. I knew one of the guys. I agree they used to taste better back then. On bank street near Laurier there is a tims, and right beside it a small bakery. They make their croissants, muffins, cookies, and assorted desserts on the premises. There are lineups at tims where people can wait ten minutes for a coffee and donut. Next door, better tasting everything and no waiting. It does cost more.

Try Swiss Pasty on Richmond across from the new supper store, ask for the pressure brewed coffee and drool all over the glass looking at those amazing locally produced by real pastry chef pastries!!! It just does not get any better the Jalapeno Chocolate pastries at Christmas were amazing!! And the hand made truffles are outstanding!

Just try it.

I stopped going to timmies regularly when their quality started to suck. Sometimes I'll go when im on the highway and theres no other place around for miles, but when i have choices i go to either robins donuts or whatever the underdog donut joints are nowadays.

If they want to raise their prices.. all the power to them. It just means im going to support the less popular & cheaper places that still offer quality.

Guest S**r***e

I lived outside of Canada for a few years so I wasn't able to get any Timmies in that time. I sure did miss it. Now that I am back in the country, I don't go as often as I used to before leaving but I still go somewhat regularly. I will probably continue to get coffee there but not any of the food items. As was stated earlier, since they went to frozen crap instead of baking it in the store it has gone downhill.