Just wanted to remind everybody with the hot days we've been having its not acceptable to leave pets, babies or even helpless elderly in a car while you run errands. Leaving a small crack in the window doesn't allow sufficient air circulation to keep it cool enough to stay in a car for long periods of time with out a/c.

Yesterday I went to The hardware store and some inconsiderate person left there dog in the car with a crack in the window. So when I got in the store I kindly asked a clerk if they could kindly make an announcement over the intercom. The girl wasn't sure she could do that so she contacted her manager meanwhile I continued on my way to pick up what I needed. I was about 15-20min in the store never heard an announcement. So when I arrived back outside the dog was still in the car. I noticed that the door was left unlocked and I opened the door then proceeded to tie the dog to the vehicle and gave it some water and left a note on the windshield of the car. I stated if you hadn't left your door unlocked I would have left you a Brocken window instead of this reminder not to leave your dog inside a car on a hot sunny day.

I heard on the news that in ottawa you can contact the animal humane society and they would come and help the animal. Since I was on the Quebec side I wasn't sure who to call and beside how long would it of taken them so I took matters in my own hands. Probably wasn't the best idea since the owner could have came out causing a confrontation which for me, I try to avoid those type of situation but I did what I thought was the best idea at that time.

• Like 9

Thanks Empty, this is so important to pay attention to. So please, please when you see a dog, baby, left unattended in a vehicle, especially in the heat of summer report it and follow up to make sure the idiot, yes idiot that committed this offence, and I say offence because in Nova Scotia it is illegal to leave a dog unattended in a car, is found and reprimanded properly.

And may I thank you for doing what was right:) as it only takes minutes for a care to heat up to unbearable temperatures.

• Like 2