In May of 1996 an asteroid the size of Mount Everest came around from the back side of the Sun and zipped in between the moon and earth and then went off into the solar system somewhere. Scientists were alarmed that they never detected it until it was only hours away from the earth and calculated that if it had come just seven minutes earlier it would have impacted the earth and probably would have caused a mass extinction. The President of the U.S. was informed as for a while the scientists were not sure if the asteroid was going to miss the earth.

So my question. If you knew an impending disaster was going to hit the earth that would cause a mass extinction event what would you do in your final days?

I think I would get a few bottles of Crown Black, not so much mix, a quarter pound of some really good smoke, a box of monte cristos, then my ladylove love and I head to the cottage, , indulge ourselves, do lots of yoga stretches so when the moment comes we can bend over and kiss our asses goodbye!

• Like 2

Booze, women and well, do we need anything else in this story?

I guess it depends how much time we have to live. I would drink, have a lot of sex. Then spend the final hours with family.

• Like 2

Guest c**io**m7

Try and convince my favorite MA lady to make amazing passionate love to me...maybe if the world was ending she would break a rule or two for me.

Guest a**4*

I would be drinking and having sex and in a position so we can kiss each others ass goodbye

It isn't an asteroid, but a massive solar flare would have very interesting effects on humanity. Since the US military is totally reliant on modern technology, such an event would likely wipe out their technological advantage and give China the opportunity to take on the US in a conventional war, which they would likely win due to their sheer numbers.

It would be the only real chance the Chinese would have to become the next true superpower in the near future, and I'd bet they'd use it! Even if the conflict went nuclear, the Chinese would stand a better chance of surviving, again because of their sheer numbers.

Solar Flare poses huge threat

• Like 1