The Pay it Forward Challenge..How Did You Pay it Forward Today?

What a nice thread!! And a very nice thing to do as well. Good for you. Lol this happens to be a day where I baked my good friend her favourite Baileys cheesecake. Haha it's not even her birthday. I haven't seen her in a while and I'm planning to see her after work today. She hasn't been doing the best. Boy troubles...

every time I am in line at Timmies and there is a military person in uniform I will always pay for his or her coffee and I say thank you to them before they say it to me

• Like 3

Last Sunday , I had a visit from my new neighbour ( whom I had never met ) asking how much i would charge him to dig a hole with my backhoe for a used pool he acquired ! Young guy newly married with a new baby and another on the way , He said he didnt have much money and couldn't afford to hire a regular guy to do it , I didnt really say how much :I just said that I would be over with the machine to have a look and see how hard it would be . I spent the afternoon digging and levelling and after about 5 hours we had it finished , I think he was a little scared about the time and the cost and finally he came out and said Gosh that was a lot more work than I thought it would be , How Much Will That Cost !! Well I said " counting mileage , gas , and about 5 hours , i figure that adds up to exactly One cold beer " , Of course he argued that it wasnt fair but it made me feel good so we settled on two.

• Like 3

An older gentlemen fell off his bike. Everyone around just biked, ran and walked right by him. I helped him up and gave him his bike. He had a really hard time getting up and I'm not even sure he should be out biking by himself. I hope I never just walk by someone in need.

Another story is it started raining. I was walking and getting very wet. A gentleman ran up to me and gave me his umbrella. It was such a nice thing for him to do and it completely made my day. Thank you, if you are a cerb member and I hope you didn't get to wet from giving me your umbrella.

While I was walking along the street today I noticed a younger person having difficulties with their groceries. They were juggling three bags on each arm and rotating them around rather frequently. It's impossible to get a good grip when everything is that heavy.

When I caught up to them, I offered to take some of their bags at least partway home. I was in a rush, but it turns out he lived only a block from my place. Great coincidence!

Pay it forward.

• Like 3