Non-verbal communication; or, how forwards becomes backwards

Guest *l**e

I recently read this study about non-verbal communication during intimate relations, and a couple of the findings were not only interesting, but they made me think of things that occurred in my life.

First, they asked 1000 men and 1000 women (21-35 years old) about instances in which they both gave out and received non-verbal cues from a lover. 70% of men and 80% of women said that in certain circumstances if a lover was using a touch that was either too hard or too soft for their liking, in an effort to "adjust" their partner, they altered their touch.

What this means is that if the man, for instance was using a touch that the woman felt was too soft or gentle, she would touch him harder, firmer or rougher in an effort to get him to touch more firmly.

Imagine this: the woman wants a firmer touch, so she touches more firmly, while at the same time, the man wants a softer touch and therefore touches more softly...lmao...what a sexy vicious cycle that would be. I can honestly say that I have been in that exact situation when I was a teen.

Here's another one (this might be obvious). Men were 60% more likely to enjoy an act performed on them if they are willing to perform it on another person. Women were 75% more likely.

For example: if a man freely licks your ass, he is 60% more likely to enjoy having his ass licked. A woman who will DATO is 75% more likely to enjoy receipt of the same. The disparity between the sexes was attributed to the false connection between anal play and homosexuality that many men still believe exists.

Hope some of you found these points interesting.

A quick first thought about this. It makes great sense as many of us are sometimes reluctant to put voice our desires. So I suppose this use of touch has evolved to get around this problem. A little touch and if the results are positive you continue to communicate in this manner.

The study should of asked us gents and ladies between 38-55, because we love to talk and yes we will give direction, lol without non verbal clues , because we simply just come out and say it, how we like it or lick it. :) :)

Guest *l**e

that was actually one of the other findings; they had to limit the age in the study because we get better at communicating as we get older. Even more important, we are less sensitive to verbal prompts; less likely to take them as a negative.