There is a certain romance about melancholy on a day like today. The kind of day that rings with an undertone of mystery and the unknown future.

Is it pathetic fallacy of the weather forecast? Or is it found in the stars? What is the driving force behind days like this?

I am familiar with this feeling and vibe in autumn, but today I can feel it to my inner core.

Yet, I love these days, a melancholic romance that some may mistake for boredom. For a moment you look outside, you see mountainous clouds forming, winds blowing, cooler temperature sweeps in and you ask yourself " is summer over?"

It gives us a chance to reflect inward. Can you find comfort in being alone? Are you always search for entertainment and activity? Or are you able to sit quietly and listen to the voice of the winds, the ocean, or the hummmm of the city?

Perhaps this is more of a monologue? But I want to hear what instills moments of introspection and reflection for you? Is it seasonal? Can you find romantic connection to your surroundings all by yourself? You may be asking " romance by yourself...???" But like the great romantic poets, or the Hemingway, Joyce and Tom Roberts of our days, they portray a certain romance in anything. Romance of a city, a storm or just being able to relish the quietude we experience on day like today?

This day, I sit in reflection and look out my window. I smell the amazing sweet air, ominous clouds that are forming, and just love the feeling that the world that is so much bigger than I. I am humbled by the wonders of our globe...the 3rd rock from the sun. And I am just little me:)

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia
  • Like 5

It gives us a chance to reflect inward. Can you find comfort in being alone? Are you always search for entertainment and activity? Or are you able to sit quietly and listen to the voice of the winds' date=' the ocean, or the hummmm of the city?[/color']

The ability to enjoy those moments that cause us to reflect upon life and ourselves is a frightening experience for some. I too sit beside a window and listen to the low rumbling of thunder and hear the gentle sound of the rain coming down. I appreciate days like this because I can just sit and relax and not feel guilty about what I should get done next. My favorite time of day is just after the sun has set and world is in a state between light and dark, there are no shadows, only the muted colors of the world as it exists in the moment of time that separates day from night, life from death. It is moments like that, where we must learn to accept ourselves and our insignificance in this world, and wait for the sun to arise bringing back life to the world and a new day to live.

• Like 1

The ability to enjoy those moments that cause us to reflect upon life and ourselves is a frightening experience for some. QUOTE]

I thinks needs more attention....

It is too often that I meet individuals who sadly can't see the beauty in being still! I can not imagine having to live such a chaotic life, needing action at all times:( So much is learned by sitting quiet and still once in while.

I have many friends who suffer with ADD/ADHD and would have to think how tiresome it must be:( I know some of my friends can not even be alone for 2 hours before going stir crazy! Sadly, this usually turns into drug and alcohol issues:(

for some boredom can be the devils workshop!