Sign in to follow this  

Ottawa - Food Trucks

I am starting this thread for Ottawa Cerb Foodies :)

As you know the city of Ottawa has now allowed food trucks to serve gourmet foods now.

here are some links:

http://ottawa.ca/en/business/business-licenses-applications-and-permits/business-licensing/new-street-food-vending

http://streetfoodapp.com/ottawa

http://www.urbanspoon.com/t/250/21/Ottawa/Food-Truck-restaurants

Today I tried a truck called Angry Dragonz, it is a asian food truck.

serves korean style food.

I had their special Dragonz rice bowl.

It came with rice, fish roe, asian cole slaw, 3 skewers of meat, chicken, beef and lamb and I ordered an egg roll on the side.

the egg roll was great. similar to Golden place egg rolls.

the meats were tender and delicious, there were several bottles of various sauces you could use.

The meal was very good. the lineup was pretty long, but moved fast, I was number 20 and had to wait about 30 minutes.

I highly recommend this truck.

Another truck I wanted to try is Ad Mare, it is a seafood truck that serves fish and chips, fish tacos, and lobster rolls, but everytime I go by there are over 50 people in line. Going to have to go early one day.

Let's here your experience and reviews of the food truck you have tried :)

• Like 2

I finally got a chance to try the Ad Mare food truck.

I got there before they opened at 11:30 and there were still over 20 people in front of me. I decided to take a chance and wait, hoping it wouldn't take an hour. Soon there were many people behind me also. 11:30 it opened a guy came out taking orders in line and handing out numbers, you pay first. The orders started coming out of the truck pretty fast. There were only three things on the menu today, Crab sliders, Fish taco's and Fish and chips.

I went with the fish and chips. Within 25 minutes I was served.:)

the fish and chips were square pieces of tender fresh fish lightly battered, the chips were like potato chips, except with slices of potato's and beets, they were lightly seasoned and tasty. some Coleslaw on the side, tarter sauce and a slice of lemon.

The Fish was very tasty and good. the chips were very good and addictive.

All in all, I would highly recommend it. The line moves quick, but you should get there early to make sure you get an order, in case they run out.

they are located on Slater and O'conner.

I will be back often for this. :)

• Like 1