Observations on Aging

Guest webothscore

I find even when we are happy looking at the mirror, we can always step right up, reaaaallly close, and see the aging process. May we all do it with grace.

Guest realnicehat
I find even when we are happy looking at the mirror, we can always step right up, reaaaallly close, and see the aging process. May we all do it with grace.

I have to to that just to see anything!

As I've aged I seemed to have gained the ability to grow a single hair at rapid speed.

I'll leave the house in the morning, having checked myself in the mirror to make sure that everything is in place. But every so often, part way through the day, I will feel an errant hair.

Perhaps it is in my eyebrow. Sometimes it sticks out my nose. Even occasionally my upper ear. It wasn't there at 7am yet here it is now, a good half an inch long, standing out for all the world to see.

This magical hair has waited until we have left the lair of the dreaded tweezers only to spring forth for freedom, standing up straight and proud, a symbol for all its fallen friends. It does not grow a millimetre at a time, it explodes from the nostril, leaps from the lobe. It grows long enough that you can just grip it between you fingers but no so long that you can get purchase. It will withstand any amount of pinching and pulling. When you think you have it it will simply curl up in defence.

It is the evil fucking genius of hairs!

Or, maybe I just can't see anymore.......

Whomever said that getting old is not for the faint of heart.....nailed it !!! And 60 being the new 40 b/s is a baby-boom generation's creation to help them get through the night...

I'm a happy content guy, whose young at heart and spirit, doesn't look his age and is in pretty good physical condition.....but saying that the erosion is still quite evident...

Peace

MG

I used to feel I was getting older, sore achy bones, tired, taking naps...but then I hooked up with a younger woman got in shape agajn for her, now she has a hard time keeping up with me!!! :-)