I am still giddy from yesterday. It's nice to be around men... who enjoy being around a curvy woman.

I do however have a REALLY hard time taking compliments. I always say yeah yeah, or hush, or what ever.

I have been getting better (since I became an SP two months ago) to where I can say "thank you" and not follow it up with a snarky comment.

However..... Do compliments have less meaning to you if they are just silly things like..

"I want to motorboat you" translates to nice boobs

You have beautiful eyes. (really? you havent looked at them once dude)

on the other hand...

You are amazing

You are stunning

things like that just make me melt. While they are all compliments, some feel more heartfelt.... have more meaning behind them.

is it just me?

What do you like to hear?

I always just say Thank You.

It is nice to hear, but I have in the back of my mind something a friend said about me that she appreciated I didn't respond with a fake modesty or denial kind of reply. Doing that tends to look like fishing for more compliments, just saying thank you shows appreciating the comment, and nothing wrong with that.

Also saying thank you doesn't mean you necessarily agree with the compliment, lol, and that you have a big ego.

You'll find you get compliments for the very things about you that bother you, or that you'd like to keep hidden. Funny but true.

• Like 1