I have noticed MANY profiles of hobbyists are very stark which I can understand because sometimes you're new and have no idea what to write or even what you might be looking for. I am finding though that there is never any location associated which I find rather frustrating personally because I enjoy knowing where people are from. Not only does it give me an idea of those who are local but also an idea of what areas may be interested.

Example..if I have a lot of people checking me out from say Winnipeg, I might, if I were traveling, look at this as a place to include. On a smaller scale, I just like to know the local scene and who is around even if they are not around for me.

So my question, why don't you include a location on your profile when SP's generally find this useful?

• Like 8

I have noticed MANY profiles of hobbyists are very stark which I can understand because sometimes you're new and have no idea what to write or even what you might be looking for. I am finding though that there is never any location associated which I find rather frustrating personally because I enjoy knowing where people are from. Not only does it give me an idea of those who are local but also an idea of what areas may be interested.

Example..if I have a lot of people checking me out from say Winnipeg, I might, if I were traveling, look at this as a place to include. On a smaller scale, I just like to know the local scene and who is around even if they are not around for me.

So my question, why don't you include a location on your profile when SP's generally find this useful?

I think the short answer is more online privacy for the members in question.

Some are just lurkers, will never post on Cerb and want to remain totally anonymous without revealing any personal details about themselves. Not even a location. On the other hand, some members post without having a location included in their profile but their post history is sometimes a good indication of where they are from... It just means that you have to look around a little to satisfy your curiosity ;)

Regarding the comment meant about the visits to your profile and interest- you (and I am talking in general here) have to remember that there are a multitude of reasons why members decide to visit another's profile and one cannot directly correlate clicks on a profile to interest in the lady or her services. I would personally never add a city to my travel destinations based on that factor.

• Like 5

I put smalltown Ontario, but I do travel. Where I live is so small that no ladies would come here. But I do travel, and my encounters have taken me from the following Ontario cities, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Kingston, and Ottawa. I guess I could be called a touring gentleman LOL

But any ladies thinking of touring to Ontario, well you see where my travels take me, living in smalltown Ontario still allows me to enjoy the companionship of ladies who only go to the big city. Gee the preacher was right, seeing the ladies from the big city would take away this small town boy's innocence. But he was wrong, it wasn't a sin, it was two people enjoying each other's company, in a mutually beneficial encounter and it was sure fun :-)

A rambling from a not so innocent small town boy

RG

• Like 3

Guest realnicehat

For a long time I didn't have my location posted. I was in such a hurry to get a look at the board that I just didn't take the time to add any personal information.

Still, I left it blank for a long time, I guess for privacy or maybe I was paranoid.

But after enough experience I realized that the bottom line is this: nobody here cares who I really am. Some laugh with me as a goofy member, some probably think I'm a jackass, some enjoy me as a client, some as a friend. A few know my real name and where I live. Many know how to curl my toes. But none have sought to extort or expose my identity with my general personal information so why not have it posted......

Funny that you have that opinion of hobbyists. I find the same holds true for many ladies. I do not know how many times I have read a post or looked at pictures and liked what I read or saw, only to have to dredge through the person's posting history to figure out if we are in the same city.

The same holds true for many websites. With the anonymity of websites and e-mail addresses, you could be anywhere on the planet.

For reasons why hobbyists are the way they are, as always I agree with Gabby's insightful thoughts and knowledge.

• Like 2

I think the short answer is more online privacy for the members in question.

Some are just lurkers, will never post on Cerb and want to remain totally anonymous without revealing any personal details about themselves. Not even a location. On the other hand, some members post without having a location included in their profile but their post history is sometimes a good indication of where they are from... It just means that you have to look around a little to satisfy your curiosity ;)

Regarding the comment meant about the visits to your profile and interest- you (and I am talking in general here) have to remember that there are a multitude of reasons why members decide to visit another's profile and one cannot directly correlate clicks on a profile to interest in the lady or her services. I would personally never add a city to my travel destinations based on that factor.

Thanks Gabby. I was in a bit of a hurry when I typed out my question so left certain things unsaid. I agree, I would never add a city based on profile visits but it does give an opportunity to delve into that location a bit more to see if perhaps there might have been missed interest and a chance to branch out.

I have read posts and such to determine a location however that's only with those I take an interest in. The others I just make a noise and move on.

Thank you to everyone for your input. I assumed it was privacy or disinterest, it's just one of those things that coming up for me

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

You are sharp midnight. I like you! I know your post was to the general public but I will volunteer this:

I don't recall posting a location, but two equally important comments to that:

1) my profile has a link to a thread I started which describes myself (more than enough info imo)

2) some have asked about location straight up, either publicly on guestbook and via pm, to which anyone would see Ottawa

I guess the way I see it, I would rather know more about a person than location because as one who travels, I can always ask "where?" if I am interested. Obviously posting on profile is fine too, no harm.

P.S. Halifax is gorgeous!

Thanks for the feedback webothscore. I agree, if you start delving into profiles, postings, guestbooks and even friends you get a good feel for the location of a person. I definitely understand where you're coming from as a traveler as location is a bit of a moot point and it's more about the lady herself.

For me, being a stationary lady, I find I spend a lot of time determining location for those no where near me. Mind you I sometimes find a lot of interesting tidbits in my online search so i can't say it was a complete waste of time.

You are correct...Halifax IS gorgeous and I can't wait for the fall colors!

I find that a lot of people do not fully input their profile information. And guess what Traci - your profile does not show where you are located...He he. I know you are from Halifax, but if I had never seen your previous posts, and just saw this one post of you, it does not show where you are located. It shows:

I am a Wanton Pleasurizer!

I would like it if more hobbyists would put their locale on their profile. It would allow me to know when I thank visitors on my page how to address my thanks. In most of my thanks I say if you saw anything you'd like, etc, etc, alot say yes but I'm way over in so and so. If I saw their locale I could say if you are ever in Halifax, etc, etc. Saving them the need for an explanation. I understand discretion of course but putting at least the province isn't going to give anyone away I wouldn't think:)But to each their own.