Which side do you part your hair?

I had a traumatic childhood.

It was the early 60s. My dad shlepped on the hair tonic and parted my hair on the left side. I dunno why he insisted I part my hair that way, but one didn't question things when you were 5yrs old.

I still remember him saying: "see, we make the part....Here!" The way he emphasized the word "Here" was like he captured a bird in flight or something. He jammed the comb down on my skull (front to back) and scraped the thing over my scalp until each and every strand of hair was at perfect right angles with my shoes. I stayed with that hair part style for years 'cuz I didn't know any other method.

As I got older things evolved. It was the mid 60's and I had hair so short, it couldn't keep a part - thanks again Dad. Did I forget to mention he was the guy who cut my hair too?

In my teens, in the 70s, I grew my hair just to piss-off everyone. I parted it in the middle too. Ha!...I'm such a rock star. Got tired of long hair pretty quick & got a hair style. My Stylist cut my hair so the part would fall wherever it wanted. I ignored the style & still parted my hair on the left side cuz apparently old habits die hard & I still didn't know any better. Funny how one's childhood comes back to haunt them.

Now that I'm in my mid life crisis years, I bought a motorbike, grew a goatee & discovered my hair naturally parts on the right side. I have to confess I felt guilty; I didn't want to look like a Nazi or other deviant. I wanted shake things up and drop the shackles that bound my early life. So I reluctantly came out of the closet and accepted that I'm a right hand parter.

I like my mid life crisis. I like my bike. I like my goatee and I especially like my part. I now look at heads to see which side the part is on. Seriously, I do; it's part of my mild OCD. You know, a lot of people part their hair on the right side. Go figure. I like to think it's a secret society: The right side hair parters. Only we know the secret sign. Do you want to know what it is?....we part our hair on the right side. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

At least I still have hair...I just need a life apparently. Thanks for reading.

If you have hair, why do you part it the way you do?

Edited by Jabba

Guest realnicehat

When your therapist said you should write down your thoughts I'm not sure this is what she meant....... ;)