Search criteria idea...

I've no idea if this would be possible, but I was thinking of a search criteria that might be useful to have when looking up posts.

Currently, you can use the search function to find a specific person's posts and sort them by date, views, etc. You can of course also go from their profile and find all their posts, threads started by them, and posts that have been thanked.

What I'm thinking is that it would be neat if it went a step further and there was a way to sort a person's posts in order of the rep points received. That is, the posts a person made that were most nominated/thanked would show first.

Many people say that much of what they like about Cerb is the chance to read posts by various members as a way of getting to know them. People mention that when they consider seeing an SP or MP they'll take a look at some of their posts; likewise I'm sure a potential client's posts are sometimes browsed to get a sense of them. If there was a way to quickly see someone's most thanked/nominated posts you'd probably get to see those which most reveal their attitude and thoughts. It would let members old and new quickly find the "best of" each person's contributions.

Anyway, if possible I'd think people would find this kind of sort function useful. Or maybe this already exists and I just haven't figured out how...?

• Like 2

Guest realnicehat

This is actually a pretty good idea. I mean, not for me, all my posts are masterpieces, but for other people sure. It would definitely help you get a better sense of a persons attitude without having to skim through some other stuff.

You could find out more about someone without necessarily having to see all of the pics they may have posted or games they might have played. Then again, those threads do offer some insight into a member as well....musical or movie tastes, physical preferences, playfulness.

Yup, I like this idea for the last reason cited -- it generally lets you look at someone's most significant contributions without having to wade through loads of simple pictures, one-liners, and other throw-away posts.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that it's the high-reputation posts that necessarily tell you the most about someone's personality; it only promises to show you those that prompted lots of affirmations from like-minded people in the CERB community (which is never a bad thing).

After all, I can think of a few posts in the "what's your age limit?" thread with very low reputation scores, that nevertheless tell you quite a lot about the person who posted them.