Sign in to follow this  

Humans- the good and the bad

I'd say I'm a true loner, to many bad experiences with other people. Yes, some might have been my fault but I'd say I'm a kind and rather a nice person until I am or feel attacked or backed into a corner. My attitude towards people could be better and construed as Debbie downerish as I feel there are more bad than good people , but thankfully and because of people like Jolene I know there are some very good ones:) out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFPnwpkGioc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I posted this because it touched me personally and deeply , recently my little dog had cervical surgery so I could relate to the severe pain this pup had to have endured, the patience and expense those kind people had to have and go to in order to heal this little girl. I hope it touches you as well and gives you the sense of goodness in some:)

• Like 1

The world certainly has its share of jerks, but only a minority are like that determinedly. Others are just like that because they don't know any other way to be, and have been shaped by the negative encouragement and rewards of others around them. Some of them come around once they're away from the group that regularly misleads them, and are presented with chances to do better.

The best way to avoid suffering the company of jerks is to be as self-sufficient as you possibly can; then you're free to choose who to spend time with, and who not to. That security makes it easier to take the risks of meeting new people.

Like the video you linked to reminds us (and thanks!), there's still plenty of caring to be found in most people's nature. Sometimes it takes the innocence of an animal to bring it out. There are lots of people who are incapable of empathy with other humans, having been wired to believe that anyone in any kind of difficulty must somehow have chosen their own misfortune, and deserves it. Yet even some of these same people would move mountains to save a dog or a cat they perceive as suffering innocently.

That latter impulse -- to reach out and selflessly protect fellow living things -- is one of the reassuring glues that ultimately holds our species together. People differ enormously in how widely they can cast that net of caring -- some for all living things, others just for people who look or live like they do, others just for their friends, others just for their immediate families, and a sad few just for themselves. Learn to avoid that last type especially, and your life always improves.

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

Surrounding oneself with positive people is always recommended. I had a conversation just yesterday with somebody in their 60s, and he told me that as time slips away, he wants to have things done his way so as to leave a mark of sorts in this world. He is quite upset about the fact that he has years of work left and the only thing he looks forward to is getting home and downing a six pack every night. I suggested dropping one of his "drink alone nights" and just having a couple cold ones with some folks after his workday and enjoy some good laughter and positive atmosphere. He said he would make an effort ...