Ive never been a big fan of Turkey, which makes holidays such as Thanksgiving very difficult for me... I find turkey is way to dry, and I have tried it many different ways...

This year I am going to attempt to make Jerk Turkey....if it turns out right, it should be delicious, and Im sure then I will enjoy turkey....Then again I like any meat thats jerked

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

• Like 1

lol my family thinks im weird i love turkey and gravy ... ( drooling ) thats about all you will find on my plate . last year i did the whole thanksgiving dinner for 10 people , this year im taking it easy ill wait till xmas for my turkey this year I guess .

I love turkey, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce/jelly but I just HATE pumpkin anything and is everywhere :( coffee, pies, cookies, ice cream, anywhere I go I see pumpkin stuff!!

no-pumpkins1.png

Haha.. I am not too too fond of pumpkin pie either. I am glad I didn't send you one! :icon_wink:

I hate turkey. With a passion. I've never eaten turkey and liked it. And, growing up, we have it every Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter. Even after moving out at the age of 14, I still went home for the holidays and was forced to eat it. Then I got married. To a lebanese woman. The first Thanksgiving came and we had Sunday night at my parents (Turkey yuck) and Monday night at her parents. I was expecting some Middle Eastern traditional dinner (they seem to eat stuffed grape vine leaves or Kebbe khras or Molakhia for fancy family dinners). What did we have? Turkey! In honour of me! Cooked by a woman who had never cooked a Turkey before and didn't realize that it takes Many hours to cook in the oven. Can you say salmonilla? I hate turkey.

Guest P*rry

Emily J has it right. Hot turkey sandwiches the next day are the best. That's also a family tradition in my household.

I don't eat turkey the day of but next day, turkey, miracle whip and wonderbread sandwiches and day three cranberry sauce on toasted English muffins for breakfast and turkey tetrazzini for supper!

The day of the actual meal mashed taters, stuffing and gravy!

• Like 1