Big Friggin Fine!

Saw a wild story about two idiot bikers tearing up a section on Hwy 105 in Quebec-land. The road to Wakefield. They got caught close to the cop shop and each face fines in excess of $10k and could stand to lose about 113 demerit points. One guy had a helmet cam & recorded the crazy ride. Cops used it to bust his nuts.

I didn't know you had over 100 demerit points to even lose!?

What does that mean...you lose your license for the next 5000 years?

Years ago, I got nabbed for passing on the right & got fined about $75.00 & lost 2 demerit points. Took about a year to earn them back.

Anyone have bigger boo-boos to confess?

3 months after getting my G2 license and my first car at 24 (a green 2-door Mazda MX-6 Mystere), I got stopped on the highway for careless driving. I was weaving through traffic at about 130 km/h. The officer was on his way somewhere and he hadn't clocked me or anything, so he came and gave me the ticket at home the next day. Told me I could fight it in court and he'd drop it to speeding. I was young and careless and I missed the court date. The ticket was 6 points and 400$. A month later I got an improper left turn ticket. I was running out of gas and I saw a gas station and turned into it and didn't see the sign. So I had 8 points on a license that gets suspended at 9 points. I had to go to a class about safe driving too.

My first year of car insurance (before the tickets) was 2400$. 2nd year's insurance was 3600$. My insurance didn't come down under 2000$ for several years.

Polydeuces

Driving the bike on Highway 20 through Quebec a couple of years ago, I thought I'd had it. I was on a deadline to meet a cute little Mexican gal (

), so I was hammer down steadily at 130 kph. Twice, I checked my mirrors and saw nothing but, all of a sudden, the cops had their lights and sirens on. To my amazement, they blew by me and did a U-turn to get someone else. Maybe I do live right, after all.

Because of what I do for a living, I can't afford to collect points. However, there is a stretch of road near my house that has always been 80 kph. A couple of years ago they knocked it back to 70. I got nicked at 85 when I forgot about the change. Got 3 points. They just fell off my record this year.

The first time I drove in Canada was on the 401 from Detroit to London. I was doing 120. Getting passed like I wasn't moving. Up to 130. Same. 140. Now I'm keeping up. Glance in the rear-view and a cop pops over the hill behind me. Crap.

No. What? He passed me?? I stopped at the next service centre and asked. I was told as long as I was going in a straight line, they didn't care. Start weaving through traffic? Nail you in a heartbeat. So I proceeded accordingly.

That was back in the early 80s.

Before some of you were born.

Crap. Now I'm gonna go back to my corner, sip some gruel and feel old!