updated e.c. adds

Your so funny insidevioice. (NOT)

The LADIES and the AGENCIES update their ads themselves and many log in all the time to make changes and updates (including photos) - We get changes submitted daily in every city in Canada... it actually keeps us very busy!!

The ladies and agencies have a "Management Area" and they log in and update ads here.

I know some of the people who TOUR post dates on ads and forget to remove them after the tour is over. We don't remove these as often the ladies revisit and when they have time they log back in and update the headlines to the next visiting tour date.

If you see a headline of an ad that says a date that is past you simply ignore it or email her to find out when her next visit will be (and maybe remind her that her info on EC is out of date).

Questions?

Seriously it would be nice as a courtesy if some of the ladies on EC (and other sites) did update their ads once in a while. I've had a couple of occasions where I've called a lady and found out the information on their ad is quite dated.

I actually had a lady recently tell me she isn't taking new clients. When I asked her "Why do you have an ad posted on EC?", she told me "I paid for it already so I'm not going to take it down."

While no one expects new pictures every month, updating your pics once in a while (I know a few are using pics that are years old) is a good idea as well.

I agree with you completely but the ladies with ads on EC are VERY BUSY usually...

Keep in mind that most independent ladies do all the work themselves. They take the appointments, answer the 1000 questions from callers and email, place ads in newspapers and online, etc... etc... it's actually a lot of work. Updating an ad online that still generates lots of calls for them usually goes to the very bottom of the to do list.

The ladies who do not take new clients often leave the ads up so the clients they do have can find them easily (Many don't keep sp's phone numbers on them personally)... Also the ladies talk and in Winnipeg the bylaw guys do sweeps and when this happens a lot of the ladies will not take new clients.

I know myself, that I do try to keep my rates and pics up to date. But have been guilty in the past for not updating for over a year. Mind you I didn't think I'd changed all the much.

Make sure my age is up to date etc. I don't like having picture's done either, cause I find myself not very photogenic.

But a lot of times I feel like I'm getting on EC's nerves just by changing things so often. They are very busy and usually very prompt. They have done wonderful things for me like making sure red eye was gone and corrected color. I just finally learned how to do the red eye, and minimize my photo's so I can change them myself. I'm not very computer savvy.

But the mod is right. We aren't on the site all the time and can get to busy.

But I don't see a reason for having photo's that are a few years old. Girls may have gained weight or even lost it. I can understand a person's point of view on that.

The LE situation, unless you have a reference the SP's won't take on new clients. Or they have more then enough to make them happy. Not all girls on EC rely souly on SP'ing. I start my part time job next month. Seasonal again. So very limited time to play and will probably only see one client a day. Maybe two on Saturdays. Keep in mind lot's are in school too.

Even after being out of commision most of the summer I kept my ad up. It's nice to stay on people minds and talk to regular's and let them know when I was going to be back. They always called too when I was up to par again.

But a lot of times I feel like I'm getting on EC's nerves just by changing things so often. They are very busy and usually very prompt.

No, it's only a very SMALL amount of the advertisers that can get under your skin.

We use to have some advertisers who liked to call and yell at us... at first we tried to work with them but it never went well. Now we just hang up on people when they yell at us and often just ban them from advertising as it just puts anyone answering the phone in a bad mood for the day and causes stress... no one needs that and those people get to our nerves.

As for making text changes... once a day is more then acceptable (Remember our office is closed on weekends so get the changes in before 4pm EST on Friday)... as much as we love the people who call at 4am on a Sunday and get upset cause no one answers the phone for them we would prefer they just leave one message and realize that no one will listen to the message till Monday. The people who call 30 times over a weekend and leave message after message... (Yes, our voice mail has the hours - some people don't bother to listen to the message) those people bother us.

A few ladies change text ALL THE TIME (Like 10 times a day) That gets on our nerves... in fact we imposed a maximum 50 times per month update rule because some people were abusing this but I can count on my hands the number of people that have done this in the past 12+ years. Those people are beyond high maintenance.

Some ladies like to change photos A LOT... some will ask to put full sets of photos up and change them again in a few days... then change them again a few days later.. then they get mad cause we charge them for the changes?!?! Not realizing I guess how much time we actually put into that process!

We use to do this for free (We still do within reason) but like everything free if you don't have rules (and police the rules) it gets abused and now some fee's are involved for people who do this!

Again this is less than 5% of the ladies but 5% changing photos a few times a month causes the need for additional staff, it causes delays in getting other peoples changes approved and often these same people want backgrounds removed, tattoo's taken out, faces blurred, etc... and all that requires skilled photo shop users (Very expensive to staff professionals in this field).

We like to keep the rates down low for the advertisers and it's surprising how even 5% of the advertisers can cause huge additional costs and delays for everyone else.

Talk about raising rates and uncontrollable circumstances...

HERE IS A TIP: HST is coming too so the government will get another 8% raise next year if the HST passes (as we currently only have to charge 5% gst) so if the HST passes our rates will hike up a Huge 8% so it's hard enough keeping the costs down without adding more staff).

Anyone who advertises online and pays for it might want to save up now so that if the HST passes you can buy a year or more advertising in bulk before the deadline (or your donating 8% more to the government)!