High or Low? Does It Matter?

I like the comment about the 'perceived' high volume being signaled with the 15-30 minute appointment options.

It would probably surprise some to find out that some sps who have a 15 minute option may do it because they are low volume, as in really not very busy, and they need that as a way to attract at least a few clients at some point in the day. Maybe they don't have the luxury of waiting for that multiple hour client to appear, or rely on that kind of session.

interesting tho, that it is possible to be someone with a one hour or two hour minimum and end up seeing more clients in a day than someone who only does half hour appointments.

I say this only because i don't think there is a magic number as to what equals high versus low. There are some who might think things are super slow because they have 'only' seen 5 clients in a day, while others think they are rushed off their feet if they juggled their way to seeing 3.

Personally i do think 5 is a lot, but even if I were to see 5 one day, that would be so unusual that I don't think anyone would call me high volume because that might have happened one day out of the month. The majority of days may be zero, one or maximum of two. The reality is, due to the zeros and ones, a low volume provider may be high volume from time to time, because we never know what tomorrow may not bring us.

• Like 3

I think Fortunateone explained it best. For any client to pick any sp based on the titles she or he places on themselves is silly, imo. I think many of us may be high and low volume depending on the day, time of year or needs. Show me a sp who claims to be low volume that'll refuse a number of clients in one day, especially if she's gone through a dry period for a long time and needs to make rent, bills, or extra money for something. Some who claim to never offer specials, at these times also will cave and do so, but, perhaps in a way that doesn't appear to be a special, but offer another 'option" or instead of hourly only appts, offer1/2 hour appointments. We all do what we have to do in times of need or slow times, and that's the business of the sp. So because of this I think it pointless to choose based on High, low, exclusive, or any other title. Choose based on personality, looks, posts, rapport, intelligence, or something else that is constant and really more important:)

• Like 5

Guest P*rry

Christycurves captured my approach. "Choose based on personality, looks, posts, rapport, intelligence, or something else that is constant and really more important. That said, I seldom book far in advance. I have little will power to wait when the "need" arises.