What Canadaâ??s prostitution laws could look like in 2015

It is interesting that Benedet's claims are misleading due to inaccuracies that i am sure she knows full well.

The majority of sex workers are not Asian and Aboriginal, but I do agree that like any other type of worker, they are all doing it for economic reasons lol.

in New Zealand, which has similar laws and culture, the industry was decriminalized and regulated. There was no increased demand of services and no increased number of sps entering the business. It is to me a bold faced lie to say that numbers will increase, when there is no evidence to back that up, and when there is direct evidence to refute it, albeit in another country.

one of the main concerns in NZ was that if they regulated it and made it easier to do the already legal work, that it would draw in more interested in doing the work. That never happened, and reality is, it is very unlikely to happen. If it was illegal in Canada and not already so easy to do, with the laws in place, then maybe you would see a change. But you aren't going to see a change just because something that rarely affects anyone now suddenly isn't in place. Nothing is stopping women from being sps now, why would the absence of these rarely enforced laws attract them to the business?

The reality, as shown in NZ, is that it won't. And if she was indeed interested in the facts to support her government funded job as an abolitionist, she would already know this and come up with some valid reasons for her objections to making the business easier for those doing it.