If it's to cold for you it is for them as well!

People who do this make me sad and other things we are not permitted to talk of on here.

My lovely pets have ( pet approved ) heating pads in their beds. I didn't know until this year that its not safe to have a regular heating device in with your pet so it was a great lesson for me.

• Like 1

Guest P*rry

I swear that my dog winked a look of thanks when she went out this morning wearing her boots. At the time the wind chill was -37.

Guest P**aq

Great post Crysty, and great rule of thumb! I can also never understand people who leave their pet in a car on hot days; the brain dead do walk among us!

My cat is antsy and glares at me when I won't let her out - but then I open the door and she feels the cold and turns away from the door!! Lol she is a bit hyper though because she can't get outside to run off steam! I am enjoying playing with her more :) AND cuddling more!!!

4a6ebyqu.jpg

• Like 4

My big orange tabby has a nice thick coat on him but I let him out for 2 mins at front step waiting and he's back in.lol. He is usually all over the neighborhood. it's sad that some people just think of them as animals and they will survive out there. Not when it's this cold!!!

• Like 1

I've been told of 3 dogs in the past day and a half found frozen, because they were left out and ignored. Nothing makes me angrier and if I could I would do to the owners the exact same. Sadly the neighbourhood where 1 of these dogs was found is notorious for having abused dogs. Many I've seen end up in shelters, some in so much fear they were actually paralyzed, unable to move. People are not human in my eyes that commit such cruelty and I do hope karma, fate or whatever you want to call it comes for them and hits them even harder.

• Like 1

Guest c**io**m7

I agree with you Cristy...now if only I could convince my husky/shepherd. He and I argued twice tonight trying to get him to come in...he's as stubborn as his best friend.