Please Give at Least 3 hours notice

Guest P**aq

Hi CERB folk, I have a question for the men and women of CERB!

Most of the ladies ask for at least 2 or 3 hours notice when booking, which I think is totally understandable, they need time to prepare! I'm a bit of a scheduler, so for many reasons, mostly because my time is tight, when I book a time, I make my request anywhere from 3 to 7 days in advance, or longer in some circumstances.

The past two weeks my booking requests have been zero-for-three. My first booking request was 7 days advane notice. I waited 5 days for a response to be told that none of the 2 days/times that I requested worked for her.

Next booking (different SP), I gave 3 days advance notice, and waited two days to hear she wasn't available.

Over 24 hours ago I tried for a booking a week from now, she hasn't returned my message.

I am striking out left right and center this week and perhaps it is just bad luck but I thought I would toss the folowing question out there for fun.

For the guys, what is the longest you will wait to get a response? Hours? Days? Longer? For the ladies, what do you think is a proper turn around time from your stand point?

And please, everyone, I am just looking for some opinions and personal points of view and nothing pointed or argumentative! We are all here to learn!

Thanks! Ire! :)

For me living on PEI the lady that is advertising she is visiting Charlottetown has always returned my messages within 24 hours or less. I guess I am in a different situation then yourself I am just contacting someone who is advertising that she is going to be my area.

That is definitely a bad stretch. I'm a scheduler too and usually book well in advance. You have to recognize that people are frequently busy, and juggling bookings, sessions, and all the "hidden from view" aspects of the business can be demanding.

In general, i usually use e-mail or pm to make contact. If I haven't heard in a 2-3 days i might send a polite follow-up e-mail. If I don't hear after that, I'd likely move on. Of course, it also depends on when you want your appointment. If you're booking for 3 days in the future, and you haven't heard anything in two days, then it's likely reasonable to assume your preferred time can't be accommodated and move on. If you're booking 3 weeks in advance, you might encounter a slightly longer wait as the lady may be busy booking appointments that are coming up sooner.

there are a lot of factors that come into play in deciding what is a "reasonable" timeframe.

Porthos

• Like 4

Guest S*rca****sid

Whether it's personal or business, the general rule (according to online resources) is withing 24 hours or less. From my point of view, it seems like you have giving plenty of time to arrange a booking.

It may be best to move on to another provider who follows better business practices.

Edited by S*rca****sid

When I send a email, I usually have been given a reply within 24-48 hours

On occasion when an email goes unanswered I'll give it a week (who knows, maybe the email was lost in cyberspace) and send another email. If no reply to it I'll just move on

One thing, when sending an email (this btw a general comment, not directed towards you Pisaq) make sure it is respectful. A rude graphic type email is often just deleted by ladies

And some ladies have screening/verification requirements. I include that information in my introductory email. It shows an openness and honesty on your part, not to mention that you are serious about seeing the lady, and not a "tire kicker"

A rambling

RG

Guest c**io**m7

That's a tough one...as RG has mentioned, give as much info as possible to show you are a serious client. Many ladies receive an incredible volume of contact and, sometimes, only a very small percentage are serious.

That being said, I am sure you follow all their rules for respect so, send a second note after a couple days...anything could've happened to your first request.

Most providers have more than one form of contact. Email and text are not 100% reliable...follow up with a phone call if this is a lady you really are anxious to see. There are also many ladies who would rather hear a voice behind a request to visit.

Hobbyists often hate to find out they are dealing with a pimp who gives out bullshit info by text or email...to put into perspective, ladies also hate to find out they have received bullshit from prospective clients by the same means of communication. Give her your voice and you got a better shot of getting her time.

For an SP who works everyday I would expect a response within 24 hours as FunValerie said. However, I think many providers have days off, be it for school or rest or to leave time for a second job. To optimize your chances of receiving a response, I would look at the lady's schedule and contact her during 'business hours', so to speak, just like you would do with any other professional. If she does not work at 3am, do not send a message expecting an immediate reply. Furthermore, be selective about your contact methods. Texts and missed calls may be ignored if they are found too late because the lady may not know whether it is still appropriate to call or text back. If you want a reply, regardless of time, say so in your voicemail or text. If the lady uses a particular advertising service frequently, such as CERB, try to book through the email reply or personal message system assigned to that service; at the latest, the lady will see your message when she goes to post her next ad. Assuming you were already doing all this, it may just have been an unlucky week as you said.

Hope you get lucky soon!

• Like 1

I would also expand on the contact issue, is that you should make sure that you are not emailing someone who does not specifically say that is her number one method. I usually have 'no emails' in my contact information, and yet there is always someone who emails, starting off, i know you say no emails, but.........

So just make sure that you aren't starting off on the wrong foot. As a phone preference provider, i have no problem with someone calling a week or several days in advance to check my schedule. i am unlikely to schedule an appointment written in stone with anyone, let alone a first time contact, that far out in advance. But plenty of sps are only looking for advance notice booking and will do that. so again, it comes down to checking the contact method first, and following that.

Many sps will look at the content of an email, or maybe the sending time and send it to delete immediately, for a variety of reasons. maybe there is too much info, and maybe too little. So going back to the contact method, are you including all of the information she requested? There might be a chance she deleted it because it didn't.

then given the timing, even tho i say no emails, i check my emails every few hours, and anyone sending an email will get a reply within a couple of hours up until around 7 or 8pm, then they are out of luck until late the next morning. I do not read emails late at night, and I don't check emails immediately upon rising in the morning, it is usually a few hours later, but that is because i do not book or converse by emails only.

i can't imagine any email only for all contact and booking type sp would not reply on within a minimum of 12 hours, allowing for being busy, or the time of day, certainly within 24 hours. That being on her scheduled work days, but i would bet she checks and replies to emails on days she is not available, so certainly 24 hours more than reasonable. Espeically if you saw her ad posting or online here for example that same day, you know she isn't ignoring emails.

• Like 1

In my experience the serious... professional SP'S are extremely reliable in getting back to clients within reasonable time frames ie. 24 hrs. That said I think these same ladies are professional enough to also screen their contacts and if the client has disrespected things like booking requirements or means of contact or been generally inappropriate in their communications they simply ignore the contact.

If I appropriately contacted a lady in a means she has requested and I gave not heard back I will follow up with a second contact a few says after that... if no reply... i rake the hint and move on.

Just my opinion.

Guest P**aq
When I send a email, I usually have been given a reply within 24-48 hours

On occasion when an email goes unanswered I'll give it a week (who knows, maybe the email was lost in cyberspace) and send another email. If no reply to it I'll just move on

One thing, when sending an email (this btw a general comment, not directed towards you Pisaq) make sure it is respectful. A rude graphic type email is often just deleted by ladies

And some ladies have screening/verification requirements. I include that information in my introductory email. It shows an openness and honesty on your part, not to mention that you are serious about seeing the lady, and not a "tire kicker"

A rambling

RG

Thank you for the advice RG! I do always make my requests polite and serious as that is my nature. A normal request is something along the line of "Would next Tusday or Weds at 5 or 6pm work for you for 2 hours, if not, would Weds at that time fit your schedule?" I think I just hit a stroke of bad luck last week, nothing more than that. I made my post out of query and frustration. But I am thankful for reading everyone's input!

Guest P*rry

Your approach and timelines strike me as quite reasonable. So I wouldn't deter from them. It seems like you just hit a patch of bad luck.

Like Fortunate One, I prefer contact by phone. This is mainly due to the fact that like most SPs I know who are "same day bookers", I require as little as half hour to an hour's notice if I advertise I am available. If someone contacts me by pm or e-mail, chances are they will not get a response from me right away.

Most ladies will indicate on their ads or websites how much advance notice they require. Every lady has their own work schedule and screening requirements. Unless specifically indicated otherwise on their ad or website, I believe it is not unreasonable to receive a response within 24 hours of making an enquiry with ladies who are only available with a certain number of hours/days notice.

within 24 hours, absolutely.

I have directly on my profile if I'm online, PM me, if I'm not online, use my contact form.

I answer messages as soon as I'm able to, but I'm also 'unavailable' when I'm with a client. (I would never answer a phone call or text whenever with a client).

There are times when it's not convenient for me to talk to someone, but as soon as I see/hear a message, I answer it.