when it comes to mug shots , they do not give you time to sober up before taking the photo .

I had a mug shot taken where not only did I have a big fun loving smile on my face , I also put my hand behind my head and gave myself " rabbit ears " . this is not allowed !

when the officer came in bitching and screaming about taking a proper shot all was fine until he put his hand on me , I throw him to the ground and than had the misfortune of meeting 5 of his co-workers , wish I had a helmet that day .

these actions have little to do with stupidity and more to do with the arrogance of youth . seriously are people here so old they forget what it is like to be 19 !

I cannot speak for any one else but at 19 I was not always making mature decisions . I sure as hell did not have the world at my feet , everyone bending over backwards for me and an endless amount of cash to make any whim possible . if I had I probably would not be here today .

at 19 we are adults legal terms , this has nothing to do with maturity . we all have/had a friend or more that always wanted to go " try something " . " what could happen " , I generally was that friend .

though I am not a fan of his music , it is possible I do have better understanding of what he is going through than most of you . the difference being as many times as I ended up face down somewhere I shouldn't be , mom and dad were always there for me whether it be a hug or a kick in the ass .

there is no reason to have so much hate for this lad . you are intelligent people , change the channel , turn it off . I have nieces that listen to his stuff non-stop , I enjoy spending time with them so I hear his music more often than I would care too .

whether his career continues or not , let's just hope he gets the support he truly needs and deserves . we don't need another member of the 27 club .

• Like 1

To anyone who feels sorry for him...what if he had killed someone while drunk and drag racing? What if he killed YOUR kid? Would you still feel sorry for him?

Yes.

Now, that wouldn't prevent me from also condemning him for his actions and requiring that he face the full penalty of the law. I'd kind of like to see happen now.

But it does mean that, at the same time, I would understand the circumstances that brought him to that point, and I could see the tragedy in them too.

There's another thread that lists the child stars who made it through the experience and came out just fine; and that's brilliant. Some people really can survive early stardom, wealth, power, and the manipulations of opportunists. I don't know why their outcomes are different from others' -- better support network? Simple strength of mind and character? But in Bieber's place, it's clear he's been on top of the world and all the normal impulses to experimentation and edginess from that age are magnified, because there's no shortage of people keen to facilitate his every whim and desire.

I think in essence, fame put Bieber into a position that only an extremely strong-willed, well-grounded, well-supported, or simply lucky person could survive unscathed. Looks like he hasn't been that lucky. And so yeah, the tragedy of early wealth and power starts to unfold.

• Like 2