Sudbury police aim to help victims of human trafficking

Guest N***he**Ont**y

And yet they admit that they didn't find any evidence. They make it sound like the sps they saw are lying about being willing of course. It makes me wonder, they saw 6 individuals, what were they doing the rest of the time? How incompetent do you have to be with the resources of multiple officers to only manage to set up appts to visit a total of 6.

Oh, but to be sure, some LE encountered (one) sp under 18, just not them. Not Ottawa police either. Just one agency, and no doubt the only one competent enough to actively seek ads that implied underagers or multiple sps under one roof to find that.

They are trying to permanently link two things that are not connected: sex trafficking being the fact some sps move from one city to another (because it is good for business) and some sps being required to provide certain services (they don't indicate if that is a single person forcing them, being competitive with other advertisers pressuring these acts, or an agency who won't book for them unless they do. All of those situations arise for sps).

I have to stop reading these. I just get myself all upset for nothing.

Perhaps they wouldn't admit to being forced in to this line if work because they weren't. Everyone wants to say "oh those poor lost souls! Look how they suffer! They have to..gasp..have sex!"

Is it such a crazy idea that maybe sex is a great way to earn a living. Maybe we like it. I mean let's be honest - everyone dislikes their job some days. I'm lucky enough to be able to honestly say that most of the time I don't even see it as work.

I just get angry when people want to villianize the industry. They feel the need to make excuses for us instead if facing the fact that we do this because we want to, because we enjoy it.

If they wanted to make a difference LE needs to build strong connections with established girls, agencies and advocacy groups. Maybe if we weren't being pulled in to witch hunts girls who needed help would trust the people who are there to provide it.

• Like 3