Sex Workers fear NEW Prostitution laws will compromise safety....

Please forgive me if my ignorance shows threw here. I sincerely mean it.

I am hoping to learn from all of these articles.

Given the stance, that a "john" may be prosecuted rather then the provider...

Would this not make the " bad client" NOT want to push his luck?? I mean, if I were a dude, and was wanting to cause harm, would I not be more fearful of being caught?

If I were a dude, I certainly would mind my manners, making sure never to book with underage or with tats that say " property of..." Same as with pimps, you might think twice about " buying/owning a lady".

Cause now the lady doesn't have to fear reaching out for help, as she knows HE will have to face is actions now, and the lady is in the right?

Ohh wait, did I just answer my own question?? lol...

As we DO HAVE human rights to protect us, but yet...I know many SP's in my local area who contact me when something goes wrong. I always advice to call police when in violent/threatening situation. So far, the LE was always on HER side anyways.

Please be patient with me, lol..trying to understand both sides:)

What actually happens in Sweden for example is that sex workers tend to not be helped if they want to continue to do sex work. Kind of an 'oh well too bad for you" if the client assaults her or steals from her. She is unlikely to report it, and the clients know that.

I think this article sums it up beautifully, as she is reporting what sex workers (primarily street workers I think) have experienced.

http://www.petraostergren.com/pages.aspx?r_id=40716

Just keep in mind too, that there is a comment in the link about how the fact that sex workers are not permitted any location to work in, that this apparently reduced or eliminated pimps. There have been more than one arrests of pimps in the past couple of years, a couple with some or one Romanian women, actually, as well as a police chief, and a politician was also charged with having three happy ending Thai massage parlours, so not sure how they might have been eradicated.

\

What actually happens in Sweden for example is that sex workers tend to not be helped if they want to continue to do sex work. Kind of an 'oh well too bad for you" if the client assaults her or steals from her. She is unlikely to report it, and the clients know that.

I think this article sums it up beautifully, as she is reporting what sex workers (primarily street workers I think) have experienced.

http://www.petraostergren.com/pages.aspx?r_id=40716

Just keep in mind too, that there is a comment in the link about how the fact that sex workers are not permitted any location to work in, that this apparently reduced or eliminated pimps. There have been more than one arrests of pimps in the past couple of years, a couple with some or one Romanian women, actually, as well as a police chief, and a politician was also charged with having three happy ending Thai massage parlours, so not sure how they might have been eradicated.

\

THANKS SO MUCH:)

I am going to read this today, I appreciate you providing this for me:)