If you could pick the seasons...

So we all probably have our favourite season (summer for me!) but I imagine most of us wouldn't want that season to be the only one we enjoy even if we could choose.

But suppose you could decide how long each season was...

I'm curious what the breakdown would be like for people. If you could decide exactly how much of the year was spent on each of the four seasons (let's assume "construction" doesn't count as a season!) how would you divvy it up?

For myself, I'll happily enjoy 6 months of summer. I like the crispness and colours of fall too so it can have 3 months. Spring can have 2. And though I'm not a fan of cold and ice, it wouldn't be the holidays without it and I'm Canadian enough that I'm sure I'd miss it, so it can keep December.

• Like 1

I love spring and fall. The temperatures are just right and they both have special occasions to look forward to

Spring is a renewal, it's fresh and leads into Easter-candy time:)

Let's give this season 4 months

Fall it is crisp, pretty and leads us into Thanksgiving and Christmas. Both great times to eat drink and be merry! Lets give this season 4 months.

Summer and winter I'll divide equally, I like them both. But neither offer reliable or comfortable temperatures so I'll give them 2 months each. This would be how I'd divide the seasons:) Now how do we make this happen?;)

nice thread:)

• Like 1

Id pick Summer and Fall - you get the HOT weather(and NO deicing planes) and the beautiful colours of the leaves (Plus all those nice fall sweaters and evenings in front of a fire before one needs to turn on the heat)

• Like 2

Guess I'm getting older because I detest winter, although I've heard it's pretty balmy in Winnipeg right now LOL

And summer, when it gets to extremes of summer heat, not to mention humidity don't like it either...and when it gets to those extremes of heat/humidity, you can't even dress for it, even shorts/tshirt and you still

"suffer" At least in winter in the cold you can bundle up to stay warm

Spring I like, it's a final reprieve from the cold of winter

And Fall, it's a final reprieve from the heat of summer

Not to mention Spring is the beginning of fishing in open water.

And Fall, good time to go fishing for smallmouth bass and muskie

For me, winter and it's cold and snow can come on Christmas Eve, stay Christmas day, and then the cold and snow all can go to hell on the 26th

A seasonal rambling

RG

• Like 2

I guess for me it would be 7 months Summer... 3 months early fall, 1.5 months late spring and 2 weeks winter which would be Dec 20 to Jan 3.

I know I am too old for winter..... i can live with it and would not move to avoid it but if I had a choice to not have it here lolol it's gone

• Like 1

SUMMER all year Round... Just Like back Home... I am a sun addict and the least clothes I have to wear and the more skin I can show off the better....

• Like 1

Guest *l**e

I'm with Vitto...Summer for 12 months...the hotter the better!! Any of you who know me know that I like everything hot hot hot!!!

Guest P*rry

I'd double fall and cut winter in half. I much prefer the crisp air of fall as opposed to icy mornings.

Spring would be pruned by a month with the extra time shifted to summer.

The changes would give me more time to stay in shorts and sandals.

it has always been winter for me , winter sports are my favorite , winter Olympics are my favorite , and there is nothing like going outside first thing in the morning and taking a deep breath that chills you beyond the bones , listening to all the sap in the trees crack and the houses settling to wake a guy up in the morning .

• Like 1