I left Canada and moved to US for work after college. But I am now planning to move b

I left Canada and moved to US for work after college. But I am now planning to move back to Canada. My career allow me to work pretty much anywhere I want in Canada. I am in my early 30's and don't want to settle down. I just want to have a rotation of hot girlfriends and have easy access to providers. I think Montreal would be a great city for what I am looking for, but problem is that I don't speak French so I can't do business in Montreal. So, I am wondering what are some of best cities for single players and hobbyist in Canada? Hope some Canadian brothers can chime in. Thanks.

I do love Montreal very much, but as you said French is an asset. I will tell you that if you move to the west island of Montreal many people there only speak English. Ottawa on the other hand is bilingual and is only about 1-1/2 hour from Montreal. I live in between them 2 cities and travel to either for fun.

Hope this helps, make sure you search for what you like before making a decision.

Montreal is an interesting melting pot of cultures and languages. As noted by Notch, the western side of the Montreal island has a good concentration of anglophone community, but you can easily manage with little french at first, as many people living there can at least manage in English, as Montreal lives in part on tourism. And it'd be a good opportunity to do some french immersion too ;-)

Otherwise yes, i agree with Notch, Ottawa would be a great alternative.

Not speaking French could hold you back in some situations and depending on your type of work as well. Montreal has a large English community, but there is still more or less French speaking.

Ottawa is my favorite city in Canada:) However French is often needed for many jobs, government especially. So without knowing what kind of job you do, is hard to say if French is needed or not.

Out west is majority English. Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria all very English cities.

I live in Fredericton, NB, small English capitol city, however as an officially bi-lingual province, for Government jobs French is an asset. I moved to Fredericton because Moncton required French, and I am not so good in speaking French. Fredericton is a nice, clean and artsy university city. Beautiful scenery and I would say a great place to raise a family or settle down:) BUT YET still vibrant to enjoy night life, especially with Moncton and STJ close by:)

Hope you find your haven, either way, you have a community here to welcome you back!

additional comments: OOOPS JUST NOTICED YOU ASKED FOR CANADIAN BRO'S TO CHIME IN, HAHAH

Oh well, all the same same, lol

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia

For "a rotation of hot girlfriends and have easy access to providers" both Ottawa and Toronto will fit the bill with their large populations.

Canada is a big place, the best place depends on what your other needs are that you didn't mention - depending on what they are, Montreal may still be your best choice.

Guest S*rca****sid

There is only one other choice, if you don't feel you can live and work in Montreal, and that is Toronto.