20 essential facts dog lovers must always remember (Part 1)

So true, so true. There is nothing better than unconditional love, especially a dogs. Reading this thread made me cry, I'm so very bonded to all dogs and the thought that people deliberately harm and mistreat these amazing creatures crushes my heart. But knowing that there are also good owners and many who live to help them is what gives me peace:)

Great thread thank you for it:)

• Like 2

Guest P*rry

By the time I reached number 20 my eyes teared-up. My dog is lying behind me snoring. She's ten and such a good dog.

By the time I reached number 20 my eyes teared-up.

That made the two of us - or three if we include Cristy.

My little dog has passed a few years ago, but after reading this article and when I remember her, my eyes still tear up...she was such a beautiful dog!

• Like 3

Yep, this made me cry as well. Especially number 3 and 15. My little loves are both rescues, the first was surrendered at age ten because his family had a baby; the second was completely abandoned at age 10. I'll do anything for these dogs, they're both snoozing beside me right meow and I love them so much my heart could explode.

• Like 3

Guest P*rry

Our responses to Luckyme's great thread shows that our pets do become members of our families.

This made me think of my dog's name and those of family pets when I was a youth. There has been a transition I noticed to names of people. This can make for interesting encounters.

Not to long ago I was talking to a woman in the park. It was late at night. Both of us had dogs. Mine started to move away. I called out to her to sit! The look on the woman's face was one of shock. I was momentarily stunned and worried by the immediate change. Then I realized why. I asked her if the name I called out was hers. She smiled and said yes.

Yep, this made me cry as well. Especially number 3 and 15. My little loves are both rescues, the first was surrendered at age ten because his family had a baby; the second was completely abandoned at age 10. I'll do anything for these dogs, they're both snoozing beside me right meow and I love them so much my heart could explode.

I always have great admiration and respect for those folks who adopt rescues. These recues' unknown history of how they have been brought up always makes me feel uncomfortable. I could be overly-concerned.