Has anyone here ever tried Haggis? What does it taste like?

Found the recipe on the Internet:

HAGGIS

After you have removed the heart, liver and lungs from the sheep you'll need to parboil them for a few minutes then pour the water out and get some fresh. Continue boiling for another half-hour and remove the heart and continue cooking the liver until it will grate easily. Trim away all skin from heart, cut liver in half (set back the other half for later).

Mince together liver, heart and lungs and add a pound of beef suet. Take the other half of liver and grate. Add chopped onions, some dry toasted oatmeal. (Cook in oven until it's a light brown color). Add two teaspoonfuls of meal and spread the mince on a board and scatter the meal lightly over it with a generous seasoning of salt, pepper, a little cayenne and marjoram, well mixed.

Have a clean sheep's stomach waiting, stuff with meat and about half-pint of beef gravy. You have to allow the meat room to swell so be sure not to fill the bag too full. Press out the air with your hands and sew up the bag. When it first swells up in the pot go ahead and prick it with a large needle to prevent it from erupting. Let it cook slowly for three hours.

That is the traditional old school recipe. Lots of those parts can't be used in Canada due to agricultural/health regulations. Most haggis is just like a giant sausage that is stuffed with a mixture of oat, onions and spices as well as liver and kidney. On the plate it looks like and has the texture of stuffing from a turkey. As for taste, it tastes like stuffing with a fairly pronounced liver taste. If you like liver I am sure you will like haggis. It is not as bad as it sounds.

Has anyone here ever tried Haggis? What does it taste like?

a friend of mine ordered it once and i had a bite....it tastes like crap! ewww just thinking about it makes me taste it again...yuck!

Guest s******ecan****

The Germans have a version as well called "Saumagen" which means

sow's stomach.......no really I'm serious, just follow the link

My dad, an ex-butcher always said if you knew what they put in hot dogs you'd never eat them.

A friend of mine swears by the Kosher brands which she says are from better cuts of meat and don't upset her stomach.

I think all this talk of animal intestines has dampened my appetite for the day.